New here—back in a Wrangler

JKFreedom

Just a quick new member hello. I had a late 90's TJ Sahara that I bought new and this Saturday I will take delivery of my new to me 2015 JK Freedom Edition. It has less than 40kk miles and has been well taken care of and I intend to do the same. Cylinder head work has already been done by a dealer under warranty.

jeep2.jpg

Reactions: Anybodyhome
Looks like the PO has already helped you with your spending by doing some upgrades, looks good my favorite vehicle color is black.

Reactions: mrjp
Great looking JK, I'm a big fan of the 2-doors!

Welcome to the forum too! I've owned so many Wranglers it's becoming a joke :LOL:

Welcome on! Nice JK, great find with such low miles too. You trade in your TJ?

On another note; all the cylinder head talk I read about has me concerned if owning a JK and cylinder head repairs go hand-in-hand with ownership 🤯

Welcome on! Nice JK, great find with such low miles too. You trade in your TJ?

On another note; all the cylinder head talk I read about has me concerned if owning a JK and cylinder head repairs go hand-in-hand with ownership 🤯

If the head work will be done under warranty, as this one was, I wouldn't sweat it too much. As I understand it, it's not something that leaves you on the side of the road. The PO says he got a CEL one day and checked the codes and took it to the dealer and they took care of it under warranty.

I traded my TJ years ago. At the time, it was not a practical vehicle for me to own as I had 2 small children. But I had always wanted a Jeep. One day, I was riding by the dealer and saw a pickup that I really liked. Stopped to look at it and a few hours later, I was in the pickup after getting an unexpected trade offer on the TJ.

I have been researching and searching for 3 to 6 year old JK's for several weeks. I was mostly interested in the Sahara or Freedom trim levels. Each time I found one I liked, it sold before I could get to it. This one I found almost by accident from a private seller and has, by far, the lowest miles of any I looked at and is already mod'd up just about how I wanted.

Seller is bringing it up tomorrow morning, so I'm counting the hours.

Reactions: Threepointsix
Welcome Glad you found the ride you was searching for and a nice looking one too. (y)