Need to replace drivetrain

fuzzymike

Hey guys! I’m need to the page and was hoping to find some help, advice or suggestions if possible. I’ve have a 2007 JK for about 10 years and I love it. It came with a 2.5” lift and I’ve done some slight modifications here and there, but I’m not particularly mechanically inclined. Needless to say, I’ve probably spent much more money than it’s worth keeping it running, and am finally at the point where I need to replace the drivetrain. (This was a direct quote from my mechanic who said I’d be better off just getting a new car at this point). Long story short, I picked up a little daily runner to get me around in the mean time, but call me crazy, I’m giving serious consideration to keeping the Jeep and replacing the drivetrain.

That being said, I’d be interested in any experience, help, suggestions or tips you guys may have to offer or suggest. Thanks!!

Mike

I've already decided that when it comes to ever replacing my engine it won't get another Chrysler engine or transmission. You can put any engine that you want in it if you have the money to do it or are mechanically inclined enough to do it.

Diesel engines, Hemi engines, smallblock Chevy engines i've seen them all in a Jeep.

Reactions: mrjp
My only suggestion is that if you are planning on replacing the drivetrain you'd better have some seriously deep pockets. Most V8 swaps cost upwards of 20k if you want to do it the right way.

Reactions: mrjp