Need a new soft top for 2011 JK

BigDaddyinBigD

2011 JK Owner
Supporting Member
We bought our Jeep JK (pictured) used from a local Jeep dealer and they did not know if the top was original or a replacement. We’ve tried crawling around the back, but can’t find a tag of any kind. I was already considering replacing the windows, because they are pretty scratched up. Now we have a 3”+/- long tear in the top, directly over and parallel with a support.

So, do any of you have recommendations for a replacement? I read an article, a while back that said the latest versions of the Jeep soft tops are much easier to put up and down. No idea if they would fit on a 2 door JK And I’m scared to ask how much they cost. Probably makes more sense to reuse our existing hardware.

AC05227F-DA59-42C4-B220-BBC95767C71D.png
Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
5906AB0D-E71E-4A6C-BC10-67087F0056B9.png

very pleased with my Bestop Sailcloth Replace-A-Top!!! installed it this mourning as a matter of fact. took bout a 1 1/2 including coffee break. soooo easy i did it by myself. i highly recommend this top, it is a factory direct replacement, bestop makes factory tops for jeep. i would not waste your $ on any other brand other than mopar or bestop. total cost $575. bestop has 10% off through april 26th. double check me but i think we (2013 jk) use the same top... model #7914635.

btw if you have a factory top, the chrysler/mopar emblem is in the tint on side windows.

Reactions: BigDaddyinBigD
I have an OEM premium top on mine. I'm unsure what variant you have as 11 was either the last year of the side notches, or the first year of the newer better ones, and I'm sure there is some further difference for your two door, for JKs I say just go with OEM, and get the newer ones. The door surrounds are different from early to late styles, but they all fit all JKs as long as you have the hardware that came with the top.

Up north here there are plenty of people that sell the practically never used soft tops just to get them out of the garage, I would imagine it is not the same down there. Or perhaps due to the heat folks keep their insulated hard tops on so the AC does something.

I got mine off craigslist.

after a quick search on CL in the dallas fort worth area, there are a ton of soft tops for sale with good prices.

My method is to search for soft top and softtop and unselect all but 'car parts'

Just pay attention to what year it came off.

Reactions: BigDaddyinBigD
Thanks, looks great! Did you have to install the hardware or was it already on your Jeep? I would really like to get a top without tinted windows, but it looks like all of BestTops stuff comes tinted. Thanks for your help.
OEM are made by besttop. The aftermarket stuff from them are just slight variances, and OEM certainly come in both tinted and non-tinted.

OEM are made by besttop. The aftermarket stuff from them are just slight variances, and OEM certainly come in both tinted and non-tinted.
Interesting, thanks! So dumb question, where do I order OEM tops? Do I have to go thru a dealer? Also, any. Idea how much more expensive they are? Thanks again. BD

Thanks, looks great! Did you have to install the hardware or was it already on your Jeep? I would really like to get a top without tinted windows, but it looks like all of BestTops stuff comes tinted. Thanks for your help.
Replace-A-Top goes directly on the factory OEM bow assembly... only thing you need is needle nose/pliers and phillips head screwdriver or screw gun.
you can buy OEM top from https://www.allmoparparts.com/part-ymm/2011-jeep-wrangler-jk-soft-top.html but it cost X2 of what you can get bestop for... and its the same top. you pay $600 more for the mopar chrysler emblem.
you can buy clear mopar panels individually, but they cost just as much as buying a new top. id call'em and get more info.

only other options is FB market or craigslist. buy OEM new old stock or used and then order OEM clear panels.

Reactions: mrjp
honestly, I have got all my tops off craigslist. The last one I got was brand new premium top for $400. People don't use them and want them out of the garage.

Reactions: mrjp