Navigation not working on 2015 wrangler

mmotta

Hello, I just bought a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. It came with a uconnect 430. When I use the navigation system, I can see the map and I can navigate to anything that had been set up before I purchased the Jeep (the original owner's Home destination works). But when I try to enter an address or Point of Interest, I get an error saying unable to load map and map not available. Is there anything outside of going to a Jeep dealer to have them look at it? Everything else works fine, Satellite, Radio, and Bluetooth work fine.

thank you.

Trust me, you aren't missing out on anything. The stock navigation system is beyond terrible.

I'm not sure what your issue is, but it may need to be updated at the dealer with new firmware.

Go onto the Jeep website and see if there is an update for your head unit. YOu can download any fixes to a thumb drive and update it that way. Be sure to have the serial number of the head unit to use on the website.

Where specifically do you look for the update on the Jeep site? All I can locate is an update for the uconnect
program. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Again.. I found an update for uconnect. Where specifically do I go on jeeps website for a radio update if one is available ?

thank you!

That is likely on the FCA Jeep website for owners. Plugin your VIN and hopefully it will list an update for the radio.

My nav system is not working at all. It will let me open the tab but when I do the screen just shows "image not found" all over the screen. Any idea on what could be wrong?

Use Google maps, its always updated and it doesn't cost anything. No point in reinventing the wheel.

Reactions: mrjp

And, after watching this video and seeing how technology worked 30 years ago, you feel like this is a major pain in the ass (it is), just start using your phone.

The Jeep navigation system is pure garbage. Here we are in the 20-teens and 20-twenties and we're still having to endure pay-by-update for navigation programs which are free.

1662909992524.png

Look, I'm 66 and my reading eyes aren't the best, but this is the phone mount I use and it's in a perfect position for me to glance at when I'm using Waze or Google maps to get somewhere. Also, being 66, there's no way I'm spending all the time, jump thru all those hoops and pay $60 to update the nav system.

Jeep/Chrysler should be embarrassed the technology they continue to use in their vehicles is this antiquated and they still feel the need to charge customers for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp