My new Fox 2.0 shocks ride better than Rancho 9000XL shocks

Gibbster

Well i changed out my shocks two days ago from Rancho 9000 to Fox 2.0 and the ride is so much better.

D1CC2310-AC10-43BD-8A51-60786D0FD869.jpeg
F0CC73F7-D658-4AE6-996E-3169ED22548F.jpeg

What did you have your Rancho 9000XL shocks set at on the adjustment dial?
I tried them at all settings and they were ok. One problem i had was the front shock upper bushings were not replaced when Rancho shocks were installed by previous owner and stock rubber bushing were abused and blown out. All in all no matter how the Rancho shocks were adjusted they were not as good of a ride as i feel from these Fox shocks. Always had a great ride from Fox shocks on my F350 and all my utv needs, now the Jeep has joined the group with Fox. And besides everything is JEEP ( just empty every pocket) 🤪

Reactions: Chris and mrjp
I tried them at all settings and they were ok. One problem i had was the front shock upper bushings were not replaced when Rancho shocks were installed by previous owner and stock rubber bushing were abused and blown out. All in all no matter how the Rancho shocks were adjusted they were not as good of a ride as i feel from these Fox shocks. Always had a great ride from Fox shocks on my F350 and all my utv needs, now the Jeep has joined the group with Fox. And besides everything is JEEP ( just empty every pocket) 🤪

Fox builds great shocks, that's for sure (y)

I'm always broke because of my Jeep :LOL:

Reactions: mrjp
I’ve got Fox shocks on mine, but believe they’re ready to be replaced. Rebuilding them isn’t cost effective, (2.0) so I’m passively looking for a new set for my JK. Was going to go with Ranchos, so now you got me questioning if I should just go with a new round of Fox.

I’ve got Fox shocks on mine, but believe they’re ready to be replaced. Rebuilding them isn’t cost effective, (2.0) so I’m passively looking for a new set for my JK. Was going to go with Ranchos, so now you got me questioning if I should just go with a new round of Fox.
For the price of about $130 per shock for fox a new set would probably more cost effective than rebuilding unless you are able to do it yourself. If had to do it again knowing how these ride i would go fox again.

Reactions: Threepointsix
And i picked up a set at extremeterrain.com

One thing I can say for sure is that Fox shocks are certainly much more cosmetically appealing than Ranchos (which are literally spray painted with a rattle can) :LOL:

I have the rubicon shocks and have wondered if I would notice much of diff between the 2. Not ready to drop 600 bucks if the Rubicons are not blown and they ride the same.

Reactions: mrjp
I have the rubicon shocks and have wondered if I would notice much of diff between the 2. Not ready to drop 600 bucks if the Rubicons are not blown and they ride the same.
The Fox IFP will do better that the Rubicon shocks, but the reservoir version will do better.

I like 2.5s on the JKs. I have Fox 2.5 IBP with DSC adjuster on mine.
Radflo and King both make an external bypass if you really want to smash. :D

16106429503082706839989278400714.jpg

Reactions: Gibbster and mrjp
That was my question. I have a Rubicon with stock shocks but love the look of the Fox shocks. I just wasnt sure if the Fox would ride way more rough when I mostly use it for on road driving and not rock crawling (I live in coastal beach town, no boulders here, lol)

I got my Fox 2.0 IFP shocks installed this weekend and there is a noticeable improvement over the stock Rubicon shock that had 55k on them. The ride is definitely smoother over rough roads, not nearly as jarring over bigger bumps. It took forever to get them in due to Covid, but well worth the price IMHO.

After.jpg

Reactions: Gibbster and mrjp