Multiple issues that started with P1745 code

wyobob

Having multiple issues. It started with P1745 line pressure to high for to long and jeep does not shift. It then started over heating. Changed thermostat, fan relay and temp control sensor. Took to shop and they did a block test and all they said was it failed and to put a new motor in. Ac started blowing warm air so I recharged it. Fan was not coming on. I can turn ignition off and back on and fan starts. Not sure what to check next. Looking for help.

Your post fills me with questions... I'm not going to ask all of them.
Why were you messing with the thermostat if it wouldn't shift?
If you don't understand what the shop meant by "it failed", why didn't you ask for an explanation?
If it needs a new engine, why are you dinking around with all this other nonsense at all?
I mean, does it really matter if the AC blows cold if the engine is shot and the transmission won't shift?

Your post fills me with questions... I'm not going to ask all of them.
Why were you messing with the thermostat if it wouldn't shift?
If you don't understand what the shop meant by "it failed", why didn't you ask for an explanation?
If it needs a new engine, why are you dinking around with all this other nonsense at all?
I mean, does it really matter if the AC blows cold if the engine is shot and the transmission won't shift?

Let me try a better explanation. I drove from Arizona to Wyoming and it started throwing the P1745 code [high line pressure for to long). I called shop for appointment. A couple days later my wife said it over heated, that is why I changed the parts I did. I got into the Dodge dealer and told them what else was going on. They did a block test and said it failed and a new engine would be $11,000.00. I said don't fix it. I have been driving and the over heating is intermittent. If it starts getting warm to hot I turn the ignition off and back on and the fan will run like it is supposed to. The engine does not miss or run rough. No water on dipstick or in radiator. In the mean time it started giving a gas cap alarm, p1745, p0882, p0442, p0456, p0457. This is why I'm leaning towards an electrical issue and not a bad engine. I think the p1745 is probably the solenoid in the transmission. That is why I'm scratching my head trying to figure this out. Thanks for any help I can get.