Mopar Rubicon Front Bumper Compatibility Confusion

noladevildog

Supporting Member
I am considering purchasing a Mopar Rubicon Front Bumper Assembly (82213653ab) for my 2015 JKU Rubicon. For the year 2015, Mopar's store lists this part only being compatible with the Rubicon, not the Rubicon Unlimited.

Oddly, I have my 2015 JKU Rubicon set as my vehicle on their site (added using my VIN), and the Front Bumper Assembly doesn't warn me about it being Incompatible... However, all the accessories (Winch Mount, Brush Guard, etc) give me a huge incompatibility warning.

Makes me nervous to spend all that money until I know for sure it will bolt on.
If it actually isn't compatible, what would the correct part number.
Would installation require any extra mounting hardware that I would have to purchase separately?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Rosst6
I am considering purchasing a Mopar Rubicon Front Bumper Assembly (82213653ab) for my 2015 JKU Rubicon. For the year 2015, Mopar's store lists this part only being compatible with the Rubicon, not the Rubicon Unlimited.

Oddly, I have my 2015 JKU Rubicon set as my vehicle on their site (added using my VIN), and the Front Bumper Assembly doesn't warn me about it being Incompatible... However, all the accessories (Winch Mount, Brush Guard, etc) give me a huge incompatibility warning.

Makes me nervous to spend all that money until I know for sure it will bolt on.
If it actually isn't compatible, what would the correct part number.
Would installation require any extra mounting hardware that I would have to purchase separately?

Thanks in advance!
Look here:

You should be fine. There's a comma between "JK" and "Unlimited," so both. It also fits multiple years. The "stubby" is just the central section of the steel Hard Rock, 10th Aniversary, and "X" versions of the Rubicon.

Reactions: mrjp
Look here:

You should be fine. There's a comma between "JK" and "Unlimited," so both. It also fits multiple years. The "stubby" is just the central section of the steel Hard Rock, 10th Aniversary, and "X" versions of the Rubicon.

I realize how ridiculous I'm being, but "should bes" makes me nervous hahaha
It's just...
If it doesn't fit, I'd be out a butt load of money on shipping the original bumper, shipping it back, then finally shipping the correct one.

Screenshot of the fitment data on that part number.
Screenshot_20230115_191126_Bromite.png

I emailed them and will post the answer if no one else chimes in before then.

Reactions: Duster
You want to be comfortable when you pull the trigger. I can understand the frustration of not being able to walk in and use tape measure to check the spacing. That said, I have never found any aftermarket elements other than the tops (hard and soft) that actually differ between the two. I was looking for a steel bumper when I was t-boned in my 2015.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
You want to be comfortable when you pull the trigger. I can understand the frustration of not being able to walk in and use tape measure to check the spacing. That said, I have never found any aftermarket elements other than the tops (hard and soft) that actually differ between the two. I was looking for a steel bumper when I was t-boned in my 2015.
Seats are different as well.

Most everything else is the same. Look at it this way. From a business perspective, it is just cheaper for jeep to make the same parts and have them work across multiple models. I think even JL and JK bumpers are co-compatible.. though don't quote me on that.

Seats are different as well.

Most everything else is the same. Look at it this way. From a business perspective, it is just cheaper for jeep to make the same parts and have them work across multiple models. I think even JL and JK bumpers are co-compatible.. though don't quote me on that.
That’s what I thought.

What about a 2024 and a 2010 jk ruby.
The 2024 would be a JL body. The bumper on some JLs looks similar to what I have on mine - that heavier steel bumper the more high end releases like the 75th. The stock JK/U Wrangler front bumper is single piece, and plastic covered, and will peel like a banana under the wrong circumstances. Which is why those detachable ends are good.