Looking for suggestions on new tires

Jeepnewbie2016

Finally Made it to the right forum! Needing help finding what tire size to place on my 2016 wrangler, that currently has 255/75R/17 tires. I’m excited to have them replaced as this is what I’ve been waiting for! I’d like to go slightly larger, slightly more rugged looking than my stock tire but wld like to keep the stock rims if possible and yet, have it still be practical for everyday driving. I’ve done some research and although I have a visual in mind, I can’t seem to find where to begin when it comes to narrowing down what to look for. Any and all suggestions wld be great!

Reactions: Chris
Assuming it's stock height, I wouldn't go much bigger than a 265 personally.

As far as tire goes, I would go with a BFG KO2. Excellent A/T tires that look like a M/T tire (love the aggressive tread), but perform exceptionally in rain, snow, and off-road.

I looked them up and they look great! Exactly what I’m looking for as far as the visual component goes. Wld u suggest nothing larger than 265 as well or cld I pull off a bit larger?

I looked them up and they look great! Exactly what I’m looking for as far as the visual component goes. Wld u suggest nothing larger than 265 as well or cld I pull off a bit larger?

The larger the tire you put on a stock height vehicle, the more up-travel you lose. The more up-travel you lose, the worse the vehicle will ride both on-road and off-road.

This is something most people don't seem to understand. You can technically fit a 315 or 35" tire on a JK with no lift. Should you do that? NO, absolutely not. Any bump, pothole, or road imperfection you hit will be felt tremendously. You might even manage to take out your fenders!

The biggest tire I'd ever put on a stock JK with no lift would be a 285 (roughly a 33"), but even then, I would only do that if I knew a 2" lift would be in the near future.