Looking For JK Front Bumper And Winch

soundeditor76

Looking for recommendations for front bumper and winch (2015 JK 2 door). My jeep is stock, no lift, and Im looking for something that would not adversely weigh down my front end, minimize any sag. thanks

Looking for recommendations for front bumper and winch (2015 JK 2 door). My jeep is stock, no lift, and Im looking for something that would not adversely weigh down my front end, minimize any sag. thanks

You will need to get a aluminum front bumper if your concerned about the weight. Then mount a winch on a receiver on the front so that you can remove it when you don't think you will need it.

Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07
I have the Rock Ridge Hammedhead edition.

Screenshot_20210126-193220_Samsung Internet.jpg

20210523_153234.jpg

You could probably get one of the cheap bumpers from Amazon that wouldn't be as heavy as some of the bumpers are. The front axles are heavy enough to support a bumper and winch.

But just my opinion if your not using a winch alot it's not really worth putting one on the front permanent.

I have a 12,000 lb winch on a receiver and can use it on any of the 3 of my trucks. Plus it's not out in the weather all the time like my first one that the road salt didn't help it last very long.

Maybe an option would be to find a used bumper from a Rubicon Recon or HardRock and then use an aftermarket winch plate to mount the winch. I have a RHR and the steel bumper isn’t all that thick / heavy in my opinion. Of course on the other I wasn’t overly concerned about the additional weight as I think sag is minimal and I don’t think overall it affects ground clearance to a level that is really a big issue. It may slightly affect the approach angle. My wife has a smittybilt bumper and winch and it is working well. There wasn’t a noticeable sag in the front to the naked eye from before to after.

Maybe an option would be to find a used bumper from a Rubicon Recon or HardRock and then use an aftermarket winch plate to mount the winch. I have a RHR and the steel bumper isn’t all that thick / heavy in my opinion. Of course on the other I wasn’t overly concerned about the additional weight as I think sag is minimal and I don’t think overall it affects ground clearance to a level that is really a big issue. It may slightly affect the approach angle. My wife has a smittybilt bumper and winch and it is working well. There wasn’t a noticeable sag in the front to the naked eye from before to after.
Thank you good to know! Great info

Reactions: mrjp