Looking for Information on Rhino Lining Interior

amanda.sullivan

Hello all! I have a 2 door 2015 jeep wrangler sport and I recently removed the rugs from the interior. I was looking for more information on how to Rhino line/Linex/ or Herculine my floor. Friend and I were thinking of rolling it on... Not sure on this process.

Applying Rhino Liner (or any bed liner) is the same as with any sort of paint application. The most important step will always be prep, period.

If you want it to stick and you want it to last long, you need to prep the surface as good as possible. What this means is scuffing up the paint you plan to apply it over the top of with a good light grit sand paper (even a grey Scotch Brite pad works nicely).

Getting the paint nice and scuffed up is going to make the bed liner adhere to it much, much better, and it's also going to be the difference between the stuff coming off in 6 months to a year, versus lasting for years on end.

You'll spend at least a day or so on prep doing it right, at which point you can then clean the surface with something like Acetone and then get ready to paint.

Bed liner is best applied with a professional paint gun, and should be avoided in aerosol can form if possible.

For this reason, most people pay a professional shop to apply bed liner, as it's a messy and complicated process if you don't know what you're doing and have the equipment to do it right.

My daughter and I did her TJ back in December and it turned out great. The prep work is the hardest and most time consuming part. We took cordless drills with wire brushes and scuffed all the surfaces. We used the Herculiner brand and rolled it on.
20191229_112307.jpg

Hello all! I have a 2 door 2015 jeep wrangler sport and I recently removed the rugs from the interior. I was looking for more information on how to Rhino line/Linex/ or Herculine my floor. Friend and I were thinking of rolling it on... Not sure on this process.
The best would to have it done professionally but if that’s not in your budget I would definitely ROLL it on. It goes on more even.

I Herculined the back of a pickup once. Sold it soon after so cannot speak to longevity but it was pretty easy to work with. Like everyone else said, the prep is the toughest and most important part. That said, Ive had Speedliner sprayed in on a couple of my trucks and it's hard to beat the texture and outcome of a Pro job, also, Speedliner has some pretty awesome colors you can work with, I hate the black look personally. I used dove grey 2x, beautiful.