Regio

Need to figure out what type of lug nut this is to acquire the correct socket key. On a 2016 Unlimited Sport. Wheels are 17".

20220511_145558.jpg

It's what is called a lock lugnut, most Shops that sell tires will have the sockets for sale if you need one.

Reactions: Regio
Reactions: BLACKJKU
I was refering to the nut itself, although the link you send did look identical to the nuts on my vehicle

Ill probably go to Autozone or some other place to pick up the socket in question
I believe its called the drive system type that i was trying to search for

An update to my first post surrouding my lug nut question:

It turns out, the lug nuts on my Wrangler are of a discontinued variant whose key is no longer in production

Does anyone know the ID of locking type?

20220518_084928.jpg

20220518_084833.jpg

You may also be able to use a GatorGrip socket, which you can find at Home Depot or Lowe's. A little more expensive, but perhaps more usable later.

If the Jeep is drivable or can be made drivable, I would go over the local tire shop and explain the situation. It is their business to get these things off and they should have what you need or know how to go about getting it off. Most places will help you out for free or might charge you $5 to take it off. You can roll around without one lug nut on each wheel without an issue, just don't make that your permanent solution.

You may also be able to use a GatorGrip socket, which you can find at Home Depot or Lowe's. A little more expensive, but perhaps more usable later.

If the Jeep is drivable or can be made drivable, I would go over the local tire shop and explain the situation. It is their business to get these things off and they should have what you need or know how to go about getting it off. Most places will help you out for free or might charge you $5 to take it off. You can roll around without one lug nut on each wheel without an issue, just don't make that your permanent solution.
I picked up a new set of nuts with key included, so ill try to go to a jeep-specialized shop to see if i can get help in swapping them out

Its 5 of those nuts on each tire, so its gonna be tricky

I picked up a new set of nuts with key included, so ill try to go to a jeep-specialized shop to see if i can get help in swapping them out

Its 5 of those nuts on each tire, so its gonna be tricky

Did you try the new socket on the old nut to see if it would work?

I would return those lug nuts. Most tire thieves have the same universal tools a tire shop would use to remove them.
I would just use regular nuts and make sure the alarm is set.

Reactions: mrjp
I would return those lug nuts. Most tire thieves have the same universal tools a tire shop would use to remove them.
Problem is, the nuts already on the wheels did not come with a sticker for a replacement order

Also my Jeep was passed on to me, and i did not gain any information on them from the start

I had to pick up a lug nut remover for when the task is performed

I eventually learned that the nuts in question are Original Gorilla locks, but i need either make a mold of one with putty or remove one completely just to have a chance of getting the right key