Chicon1007

Ok, so I purchased a used 2015 2dr jk, it has a lift on it. After research I've com to the conclusion, well according to the numbers on the coil springs, that it's a pro comp 2.5 to 3" lift. With that being said, I noticed the other day that my Rear driver's side spring had shifted about 3" towards the rear at the top. Put the Jeep on a lift today, and every one of the springs have a lot of up and down play in them, so much that I could have removed the rears without taking anything loose. So my question is, will coil spring spacers fix this issue? If so, what size should I buy? Would I need shock extenders as well? Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
When it was up on the lift was the axles just hanging down, if so that's why you could move the springs. Also that's a good way to rip out the rubber brake hoses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chicon1007 and mrjp
Yeah it was just hanging. I guess that explains why one brake cable was so tight. So should I just put retainers in to keep the coils in place?

Yeah it was just hanging. I guess that explains why one brake cable was so tight. So should I just put retainers in to keep the coils in place?

All Jeeps are made that way even with the stock coils, do you do alot of jumping with the Jeep? If you do then maybe you should put something on to keep them in place.

Reactions: mrjp
All Jeeps are made that way even with the stock coils, do you do alot of jumping with the Jeep? If you do then maybe you should put something on to keep them in place.
Lol.... no don't even plan on jumping, just made me nervous that the one spring had moved out of place and I've only went off road in it once. This is the first jeep I've owned and also the first vehicle I've owned that has a lift on it, so needless to say I don't know much about lifts. I mean I've watched some videos of people installing them and they always have to take the sway bar and shock loose just to remove the coils, so I was shocked when I was able to remove the coil with out taking anything loose. I appreciate the advice. Guess my mind can rest easy now.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU