zebaffe

Hello JK community!

I have a 2015 JK (2dr) that I bought in Washington, where you could pretty easily go your whole life without have AC in your car. However, now I live in VA, and even on the hotter days I prefer to run with the windows down and enjoy that wind (or top panels off/doors off).

BUT, i ran into an issue the other day when it was 98 deg out and raining hard. My windshield was fogging up hard, and if i rolled down my windows i got pelted with rain, but it was a sauna in my Jeep with the windows up and all my windows fogged up really bad. Not a fun way to drive home from work.

So i have decided that i should start looking into installing an AC system into my JK. I’ve done some pretty extensive research and found most of the components that I’ll need between Rock Auto and Ebay, but I’m wondering what I’ll need electrical wise and if anyone has some knowledge on how to install a system like this?

Other than the generic information found in the Haynes Repair Manual, i haven’t been able to find much in the way of AC installation, especially for a JK.

And i have some more specific questions:

1) Since the vehicle already has factory air, will i need to install a nee blower and-or “air-door”, or is all that the same?

2) What is different on the electrical side? I know I’ll need to run a relay (have the open slot in my stock relay box) and a new Temperature Control module on the dash. Am i missing something? Is it awhole new wiring harness?

And anything else any of you pros (self proclaimed or official ;P ) can think of would help too!!

Thank you!
-Gould

*EDIT* The screenshot is just some of the components I found on Rock Auto, just as an example of what i am looking at, if anyone wants some specific part info to help them assist me.

11A932B2-72CD-488A-A913-1B8CC065F3EF.jpeg

I don't know much about this, and it seems like a very large project.

I do believe that the entire HVAC box under the dash is different and would require the HVAC box and controls out of a JK of the same year with air conditioning from the factory.