Great deals on JK parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler JK? Checkout the selection of JK parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse JK parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler JK Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Jeep Wrangler build delays

Storm9579

Hello,

I recently ordered a 2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys back in October 2021 at a local jeep dealership and received on November 23 my VIN. Today, I still have no update on my jeep build. I have emailed the dealership plenty of times and they keep saying no update yet- still in D status firm schedule. Is this normal? Think Covid delays? TIA

BLACKJKU

Staff Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I recently ordered a 2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys back in October 2021 at a local jeep dealership and received on November 23 my VIN. Today, I still have no update on my jeep build. I have emailed the dealership plenty of times and they keep saying no update yet- still in D status firm schedule. Is this normal? Think Covid delays? TIA

Everyone trying to buy a new vehicle is having to wait a long time because of the computer chip shortage.

OP
S

Storm9579

Everyone trying to buy a new vehicle is having to wait a long time because of the computer chip shortage.
I was advised there are no chip shortages for jeep. Interesting they probably lied to get me to build/buy! If that were the case you’d figure the dealership would tell me. Doesn’t jeep communicate with them?

BLACKJKU

Staff Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
I was advised there are no chip shortages for jeep. Interesting they probably lied to get me to build/buy! If that were the case you’d figure the dealership would tell me. Doesn’t jeep communicate with them?

They can't sell vehicles if they would tell everyone there could be a long wait. I'm on A Dodge Diesel Forum and the Dodge trucks are the same problem with long delays on new trucks. Dodge and Jeep's are all Chrysler made.

Reactions: mrjp

Vman

JK Enthusiast
Hello,

Everything is taking a lot longer and is more expensive. Look at the price of used vehicles now. Or anything else, for that matter.

You've got 4 year old jeeps selling for the price of brand new ones.

If FL hadn't opened up it's ports for shipping we'd be even more screwed.

Claymore

I went to the Dodge dealer in October. I wanted to order a single cab, eight foot bed, with 4 wheel drive and a hemi.
On other words, a stripped down pick up.
They would not take the order! instead of the pick up I wanted, they wanted to sell me a quad cab with a 6.5 foot bed.
I guess they have so many buyers for the higher option vehicles, they can pick what you buy.
I will wait to buy one when things go back to normal.

• Sad

kk2010jk

I was camping in NW PA last fall and chatting with a fellow camper from Kentucky. He worked for Ford and explained they are building trucks and cars. At the end of the line they plug in a chip, drive the vehicle off the line into the storage lot, pull the chip and plug it into the next vehicle coming off the line. Then the vehicle just sits in the lot until they can get a chip for it. Now that was several month back so maybe thing are better. So maybe your jeep is sitting on a storage lot at the factory