JK driveline shudder

cashmoneyy

gotta question about my 2011 jeep wrangler. when lm driving my jeep will have this vibration (shudder) like you’re driving on the shoulder of the road on those bumps. it does it randomly for a few seconds and then stops. it doesn’t do it at a certain speed or anything either, i looked it up and it said it could be my torque converter but i’m not sure

Could be, but it could also be very early death wobble. Start checking everything related to steering to see what wiggles.

Reactions: mrjp
Could be, but it could also be very early death wobble. Start checking everything related to steering to see what wiggles.
i’ve done that and i know what the death wobble feels like but this isn’t like that, it’s like you’re driving over the ridges on the side of the road. it doesn’t affect my steering wheel or anything. you can feel it in the gas pedal and on the passenger side

More info needed:

Lifted
oversize tires
Have you inspected the front end lately
it’s lifted in the front when i bought it. i’ve checked everything in the front. just had my driveshaft replaced and i need to replace the passenger u joint, could that be the problem?

gotta question about my 2011 jeep wrangler. when lm driving my jeep will have this vibration (shudder) like you’re driving on the shoulder of the road on those bumps. it does it randomly for a few seconds and then stops. it doesn’t do it at a certain speed or anything either, i looked it up and it said it could be my torque converter but i’m not sure
I experience a similar, if not the same, issue. Mine doesn’t kick in until 45 mph. I’d describe it as a similar noise/sensation. Also sounds like a subwoofer. I’ve done a lot of research, but not a lot of changes since my Jeep is stored for winter. I do have a failed CV joint in my front driveshaft that needs replacing. In the spring I’ll do a road force balancing.

If you find the fix I’d appreciate you sharing in case it helps me out too.

Good luck!

it’s lifted in the front when i bought it. i’ve checked everything in the front. just had my driveshaft replaced and i need to replace the passenger u joint, could that be the problem?
What does that mean, "It's lifted in the front." Was the front end of the Jeep lifted and the rear left at stock height, like the infamous and now illegal "Carolina Squat" seen on pickup trucks, SUVs and the like?
If so, that kind of treatment to the suspension of any vehicle will lead to steering problems, spindle problems, U-joints, bushings.... and the list goes on.

Reactions: mrjp and Danarch
What does that mean, "It's lifted in the front." Was the front end of the Jeep lifted and the rear left at stock height, like the infamous and now illegal "Carolina Squat" seen on pickup trucks, SUVs and the like?
If so, that kind of treatment to the suspension of any vehicle will lead to steering problems, spindle problems, U-joints, bushings.... and the list goes on.
I was wondering the same thing myself. Thought maybe has some pucks to eliminate the rake.