Insanely loud soft top noise

james6873

We all know soft tops are loud, I've tried putting a bit of weather stripping in front to quiet it down but sometimes i feel like theres some sort of issue with mine as it's literally impossible to have a conversation at over 50mph... When i pull down on where the top meets the windshield its pretty quiet, maybe i should just put a C-clamp there... Opinions? does my top have defects or is everyones that loud at 50 mph? What are some tricks y'all use to quiet them down?

It quiets down with additional clamping force? You may need a new seal.

Mine isn't too bad, but it is a soft top.

We all know soft tops are loud, I've tried putting a bit of weather stripping in front to quiet it down but sometimes i feel like theres some sort of issue with mine as it's literally impossible to have a conversation at over 50mph... When i pull down on where the top meets the windshield its pretty quiet, maybe i should just put a C-clamp there... Opinions? does my top have defects or is everyones that loud at 50 mph? What are some tricks y'all use to quiet them down?
What year, door count, and type of soft top? Older tops tend to be stretched out. But I agree with @JerryD check the rubber seal on the front, if may need replacing.