I have 34" KO2 tires: could I run 35" KM3 on the same rims?

Gamma Goat

I am the 2nd owner of a 08 JKUR that was stock when I got. It came with 34" BFG KO2 AT tires on 17x10.5 rims. The KO2 does pretty good except in mud. In mud the lugs fill up quickly and turn into slicks. I know I want to move up to 35s and I know I want either Goodyear MTR with Kevlar, Km3, Toyo or nitto mud tires. I am leaning strongly towards the Goodyear or KM3. I am wondering if there are 35 " tires that will fit my current rims? I am looking for quality on a budget

I have to mention I talked to a BFG
representative at the san mateo Truckfest/Jeepfest a few weeks ago and I was definitely unimpressed. The lady did not believe I had bfg 34" tires until I walked all the way back to my jeep took pictures and came back and showed her. Then I asked her about some tires they had on display. She told me those are not for sale to consumers they are just for thier racing team. So apparently they make really good tires for themselves from the profits they get from selling lower grade tires to the rest of us?

I am open to tire/wheel suggestions and any websites for the best deals.

I think 35" tires just look "right" for a JKU with a mild lift.

I suppose I should mention my jeep now has a 3" teraflex lift, skid plates, OBA and I have some flat fenders to put on. ( warn vr8000 winch, ace bumper and sliders and BA rear bumber ) I want to get it set up as a daily driver that is capable of handling the Rubicon trail without difficulty if I do my part of course.

Thank you

The ideal wheel size would be an 8" wide wheel, but 10.5" will still work just fine.

My pick of all off those tires would be the Goodyear MTR, as they come in a C load rating, which is really what you want for your Jeep. The others are all E rated, which are going to ride like crap on-road.