HVAC fan issues

Stargate Fox

HVAC issues I have an 08 Jeep jk last February 2020 I started having fan issues. So the fan cuts off and won’t come back on until I turn engine off and restart. I replaced the resistor, blower motor and climate control. Still didn’t fix. I opened the tipm and pushed all the fuses down etc. It worked fine till a couple weeks ago. Now it cuts off or sometimes cuts off then back on then off again. Turning engine off and back on sometimes help. I’ve done the fuses again but seems to randomly fix for a while. It’s crazy but seems like if engine is cold it works longer when it heats up the issues begin. So I guess my next step is to replace the tipm? Any advice is appreciated. I may reset over night or pull tipm and clean it?

HVAC issues I have an 08 Jeep jk last February 2020 I started having fan issues. So the fan cuts off and won’t come back on until I turn engine off and restart. I replaced the resistor, blower motor and climate control. Still didn’t fix. I opened the tipm and pushed all the fuses down etc. It worked fine till a couple weeks ago. Now it cuts off or sometimes cuts off then back on then off again. Turning engine off and back on sometimes help. I’ve done the fuses again but seems to randomly fix for a while. It’s crazy but seems like if engine is cold it works longer when it heats up the issues begin. So I guess my next step is to replace the tipm? Any advice is appreciated. I may reset over night or pull tipm and clean it?

I would think there is a relay for that also have you replaced or checked that?

Reactions: Chris
Well I just checked there is no serviceable relay that I could find, they have to make everything so difficult.

There is a ground lug on the passenger side footwell area that could be for the fan, might check for a problem there.

Reactions: mrjp
Before I replace the TIPM I have now noticed the fan didn't wanna work this morning but worked just fine this afternoon. Difference being outside temp. My issues started last winter but no problems all summer until winter again. My question is has anyone had problems with there HVAC cutting in and out and quitting turning the engine off and back on sometimes helps when its cold outside? Seems like if its 40 degrees or above the hvac fan works fine but below 40 it has issues.

Did you check your ground inside the Jeep, temps can have a effect on dirty or corroded connections? Sorry I can't help with your question.

I just saw your earlier post no I haven't I did clean the positive terminal in the TIPM. My plan is to wait until the morning when its cold see how hvac fan reacts guessing it will cut out intermittently again then put in heated garage and clean the ground on the finder well. Thanks for your input

I had a 2008 and had the same problem Give me a call and I'll tell you how to permanently fix it.
Barry 208 262 1975 Easier that writing a book on here.