How do I determine how much lift my Jeep Wrangler JK has?

JeepJKRearHeight_zpsaf77b11c.jpg

Reactions: Duster and mrjp
Thanks for this post. It helped me some. Bought a Jk today and I didn’t seem lifted at first. But after looking more it is a little. My guess about 2” lifted. Not sure on brand though. No marking on springs. Controls arms are JKS lowers. Stock track bars. and Bilstein shocks

Reactions: CRQ and mrjp
Thanks for this post. It helped me some. Bought a Jk today and I didn’t seem lifted at first. But after looking more it is a little. My guess about 2” lifted. Not sure on brand though. No marking on springs. Controls arms are JKS lowers. Stock track bars. and Bilstein shocks
Bilstein is a stock shock??

Any connection with the lift kit installed? I’m curious what kit I ended up with..
My (new to me) 2015 JK is in the dealer getting cleaned up. It looks like I’ve got a pretty good lift on it and may need to tune in the steering system. It’s a bit shifty out on the hiway.
Wondering if staying with the makers parts will keep harmony with the whole

Get a front end alignment. Caster is an big factor on how it will steer. Also what size tires? The real wide tires will affect the steering also.

Reactions: CRQ
My (new to me) 2015 JK is in the dealer getting cleaned up. It looks like I’ve got a pretty good lift on it and may need to tune in the steering system. It’s a bit shifty out on the hiway.
Wondering if staying with the makers parts will keep harmony with the whole
Changing the lift alters the geometry of the way several critical parts of the suspension and steering move together. These need to be adjusted to eliminate things like "death wobble." Getting them adjusted is probably far cheaper than replacing them.

It looks like I’ve got a pretty good lift on it and may need to tune in the steering system. It’s a bit shifty out on the hiway.
Are you saying the quality of the lift is pretty good, or the height of the lift is pretty good?
As has been stated here for a long time, any lift over 2.5" is going to require additional parts and additional money.

Reactions: CRQ
Could be, the AEV comes with Bilstein shocks. But many don’t come with shocks or other brands so hard to tell.
I have the AEV kit. The shocks are made by Bilstein...supposedly to AEV's spec's, but who knows...
Mine say BOTH Bilstein and AEV on them. I'd say take a close look and see if you find AEV on them along with Bilstein.

Reactions: mrjp