Hissing Sound Coming from Tire

kevdarp

Looking to get some input on an sound that I've been hearing for about a year. I have a 2013 2 Door JK and I've been hearing what I can only really describe as a hissing sound that seems to be coming from the back left tire. I only hear it when I'm driving and turn left, it's not terribly loud and can only hear it with the window down. Breaks, calipers, shocks and bearings are all new as well as the tires. I'm pretty handy and can't figure it out, I even broke down and took it to a dealership and they couldn't figure it out. Someone told me that it could be the axle being slightly bent but I don't wanna pull that off without getting more opinions. All and all it seems to just be annoying me more then it is an actual mechanical issue but I don't wanna be wrong. If anyone has any input or suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Looking to get some input on an sound that I've been hearing for about a year. I have a 2013 2 Door JK and I've been hearing what I can only really describe as a hissing sound that seems to be coming from the back left tire. I only hear it when I'm driving and turn left, it's not terribly loud and can only hear it with the window down. Breaks, calipers, shocks and bearings are all new as well as the tires. I'm pretty handy and can't figure it out, I even broke down and took it to a dealership and they couldn't figure it out. Someone told me that it could be the axle being slightly bent but I don't wanna pull that off without getting more opinions. All and all it seems to just be annoying me more then it is an actual mechanical issue but I don't wanna be wrong. If anyone has any input or suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Have you jacked the rear up and have someone put it in gear while you watch the wheel to see if it's turning straight?

I have not done that but I did recently get an alignment done. Should have mentioned that.

Yep.
Get it the rear end on jack stands, fire it up and have someone turn the wheel left while it's in gear.

FYI, try this once or twice before you crawl under the vehicle. Turning the wheel can change the center of gravity and if the rear end is off the ground either on a floor jack or jack stands, it could move or shift a little.