Hi

Donnutt

Hi all, I'm a new member, long time Jeep owner, first time JK owner. New kid on the way so traded my '02 TJ for this super sexy '16 JKU 75th Anniversary.
It is WAAAAYYYY to nice to be a jeep, what with heated leather, GPS, Bluetooth, etc..
Bought it stock, this is how it stands 1 month later. Have to hurry and get it built to a minimum spec before baby arrives and time and money are a premium!

IMG_0226.jpg

That color alone makes that thing look amazing! Is that "tank green"?

Ha... hurry up the mods before the baby comes! I know how that goes 100%.

That color alone makes that thing look amazing! Is that "tank green"?

Ha... hurry up the mods before the baby comes! I know how that goes 100%.
It is “Sarge Green”. The color was one of the main excuses for buying this one, and not one of the 6 BLACK Rubicons for sale in my area. That and the 6 speed. Really, the only things it didn’t have that a Rubicon did is the D44 front axle and 4.10s. All that can be changed.

Reactions: Chris
I do too. I’m even buying a matching bronze bolt-on stinger eventually. Does the bumper already have a winch plate?
Unfortunately not. They claim it is "winch ready" but you have to buy the bracket separate. The cheapest I have found online is $250.

Luckily my dad has the same bumper and he bought a winch plate so I think what we will do is take his off and take it to our metal guy to fab us up one for way cheaper.

Unfortunately not. They claim it is "winch ready" but you have to buy the bracket separate. The cheapest I have found online is $250.

Luckily my dad has the same bumper and he bought a winch plate so I think what we will do is take his off and take it to our metal guy to fab us up one for way cheaper.
Dang, that stinks. What is the part called?

It is “Sarge Green”. The color was one of the main excuses for buying this one, and not one of the 6 BLACK Rubicons for sale in my area. That and the 6 speed. Really, the only things it didn’t have that a Rubicon did is the D44 front axle and 4.10s. All that can be changed.

That's right, "Sarge Green". They just started offering that color again on the new JLs. It's a very cool color and one you rarely see on JKs!

That's kinda shady of Jeep to give you a "winch ready bumper" and then make you buy another part. So this $250 winch plate, plus a $400 bronze stinger... I might as well just buy a new front bumper already winch-ready for $300!
Yeah, kinda sucky, but I really havent found a aftermarket bumper that I like the look of that is also made well.

The PO of mine put a bull bar up front, but eventually i might trade for a stinger from maximus-3.

I also lucked out and got a free Warn winch so I cant really complain of needing to spend a little money. Still going to try to get it done cheaper though. lol