Hello from Texas

Camardelle

Thanks for the add.

I'm Howard from Willis just north of Houston. I retired a little over 6 years ago from teaching and currently work in one of my shops doing mainly in the wood shop doing pen crafting and I recently added a couple CNC wood routers that I'm learning.

I currently own an '09 and a '10, both 2-door Wrangler base models. I'm was at a point where I am thinking of upgrading to a new vehicle till I actually started shopping for one. LOL. In any event I will likely be asking a few questions after using the search function.

Looking forward to reading and learning.

Reactions: Savior_Six
Welcome! Glad to have you here. It will be fun to see if you decide to do any mods to either of your Jeeps as you dig around. I think that doing some small upgrades can be very satisfying and might be a good substitute for an entirely new purchase.

Reactions: Camardelle
As requested. Pretty plain Jane daily drivers for now. Already making plans for upgrades on the blue '10 Sport. I'm not looking to make an extreme off road monster but would like some aesthetic and functional additions soon.

IMG_4578.jpeg

Agreed. I'll be switching the Rubi wheels from the white jeep over to the blue one. The tires on the blue jeep are pretty much new so I'll use them for a bit on the white model. The white ('09) is my trip to the big box store for shop supplies like 2x4's and such. I'll keep the blue '10 for groceries. I'm in dire need of a top so I think I'm going with a NX Glide soon on the blue Jeep.

I'd like to try some easy trail crawling and such but definitely want to break in easy.

Reactions: mrjp
If you wipe down your fenders with 303 protectant they will turn black again
+1 on the 303 protectant. I use it on my wife’s truck’s tonneau cover to keep it nice in the sun. It also darkens and protects my hard top. I have Bestop cleaner and protectant for my Jk soft top, but I think 303 would do just as good for protection. For plastics I use Meguiars Back to Black plastics restorer, but I’ll have to try 303 for that instead.

Reactions: mrjp