Heat issues

albee.bryan.j

I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with some heat issues where only the passenger side blows hot where the drivers side blows luke warm.... It would not be the thermostat because it would be all or nothing I have replaced the heater core and still nothing...... My question is what else could it be?

Oops, missed the "changed the heater core" part. I suppose you could also have a small air bubble, but yeah blend door is much easier than changing out the core. Leaving the original answer for others having a similar problem.

Before doing the huge operation that is fixing the blend door, try just flushing the heater core. For some reason when the heater core starts getting clogged, the left side stops getting warm air.

Could be the blend door, but flushing the heater core is a hell of a lot easier.

Reactions: mrjp
I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with some heat issues where only the passenger side blows hot where the drivers side blows luke warm.... It would not be the thermostat because it would be all or nothing I have replaced the heater core and still nothing...... My question is what else could it be?
I’m having the same issue. Drivers side is barely warm and passenger side is hot. Did you figure out what it was ?

I’m having the same issue. Drivers side is barely warm and passenger side is hot. Did you figure out what it was ?
In my experience this is an indication that the heater core needs to be flushed. Not a big deal, and doesn't take long. For some reason, the driver side vent is very sensitive to this. You could probably go the next few winters and it won't get any worse, but I personally would have it flushed for this one. Or flush it yourself, hardest part is getting the air out of the system after.

Reactions: Skullman91 and mrjp