Has anyone performed the LS Swap?

Gypsysoul

I'm not having any issues with my 3.8L in my 2010 4D Rubicon but I like horsepower and have every intention on performing either the LS or Hemi swap. I would really like to hear from those that have gone through the process and don't mind giving out advice. Biggest question for me would be is it better to find a custom shop and have them do it or DIY it? Any advice is much appreciated.

Last edited:
I know that if you're in Florida, Bruiser Conversions are the go to people for LS swaps. All those guys do is engine swaps in Jeeps all day long.

Check them out:

I personally would rather pay them to do it (and they are in Florida too) as you'll get something that is turn key.

I know that if you're in Florida, Bruiser Conversions are the go to people for LS swaps. All those guys do is engine swaps in Jeeps all day long.

Check them out:

I personally would rather pay them to do it (and they are in Florida too) as you'll get something that is turn key.
But this method is not nearly as fun (for us at least) :ROFLMAO: 😝

And dont you want to learn along the way? haha

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney and Chris
I’ve put “ls” engines in all kinds of things. I use the quotes because most people aren’t actually using an ls. They are using an ly5 which is only slightly different than the ls. Including a tractor. Never been through a Jeep. I’d say my 17 JKU will be getting one in a few years. If you have a good mechanical background and aptitude then you can do it yourself. The best advice I can give you for any swap is, don’t just buy an engine. You’re going to go down the rabbit hole of piecing stuff together. Go to the you pick junk yard and buy an entire vehicle with the engine you want. That will give everything you’re going to need. Advanceadapters.com will most likely have everything to adapt to your factory trans. Painless wiring will be able to set you up with a harness to be able to plug everything in as much as possible without having to dissect your wiring harnesses. If any of this scares you and you have 15,000$ laying around pay a professional.

Reactions: Chris
I’ve put “ls” engines in all kinds of things. I use the quotes because most people aren’t actually using an ls. They are using an ly5 which is only slightly different than the ls. Including a tractor. Never been through a Jeep. I’d say my 17 JKU will be getting one in a few years. If you have a good mechanical background and aptitude then you can do it yourself. The best advice I can give you for any swap is, don’t just buy an engine. You’re going to go down the rabbit hole of piecing stuff together. Go to the you pick junk yard and buy an entire vehicle with the engine you want. That will give everything you’re going to need. Advanceadapters.com will most likely have everything to adapt to your factory trans. Painless wiring will be able to set you up with a harness to be able to plug everything in as much as possible without having to dissect your wiring harnesses. If any of this scares you and you have 15,000$ laying around pay a professional.

This is top notch advice.

Don't be the fool who buys the engine and harness. If you want to do it right, buy a wrecked Silverado with rear end damage (or similar), and get the entire vehicle. You can usually get them for very cheap.

This way you have the entire vehicle and this takes a huge amount of guess work out of the swap. Any swap I've ever done in the past (and I've done quite a few in vehicles other than Jeeps), I've always gotten the entire donor vehicle. I always got them from CoPart auctions or you can often times find wrecked vehicles on Craigslist or similar.

Reactions: Wayne Reel