Has Anyone Installed Katkskinz Leather?

Not on my Wrangler, but I have installed it on other vehicles. It is so high quality and such good fit you would never know it wasn't OEM.

Reactions: AUBoggs
Not on my Wrangler, but I have installed it on other vehicles. It is so high quality and such good fit you would never know it wasn't OEM.
U were able to install yourself i keep looking to buy some but keeps saying i have to order and go to a authorized dealer but its so easy to do id rather do it myself

Chris, I was watching some resto show and they were doing seat cover installs. They used silicone spray before installing the vinyl.

Have you ever used that technique? In the videos I've seen of installs, none had suggested that, but it sounds like a good trick. Not sure if it would react to the leather, though.

Another trick I saw for the headrests was to put a bag over them and apply vacuum to shrink the foam temporarily to slip the covers on.

@SOEBOMB yeah, the website always directs to go to a local installer, but it's not rocket science. Does require some hand strength, I would bet. Post up if you pull the trigger

U were able to install yourself i keep looking to buy some but keeps saying i have to order and go to a authorized dealer but its so easy to do id rather do it myself

Yes, but it's a real PITA unless you've done it before.

Chris, I was watching some resto show and they were doing seat cover installs. They used silicone spray before installing the vinyl.

Have you ever used that technique? In the videos I've seen of installs, none had suggested that, but it sounds like a good trick. Not sure if it would react to the leather, though.

Another trick I saw for the headrests was to put a bag over them and apply vacuum to shrink the foam temporarily to slip the covers on.

@SOEBOMB yeah, the website always directs to go to a local installer, but it's not rocket science. Does require some hand strength, I would bet. Post up if you pull the trigger

I haven't, but maybe it would have helped. You definitely need hog rings and hog ring pliers.