Genright vs PS aluminum fenders

ncfitton

Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Looking for some input, experience and advice on upgrading to aluminum fenders. I like the genright and poison spider style.

probably genright is a better quality product ?

but I like that PS offer an extra wide that will give me better coverage. 37” Baja bosses throw mud everywhere.

is extra wide too wide?

I own the PS and can tell you the quality isn't lacking at all. I know genright is a amazing product as well, but I will speak to the PS and someone else can chime in about the Genright.

These things are stout. The bracketry that comes with it is amazing, I looked and couldn't tell if GR came with support brackets though I imagine they due as it seems like all of the top level tube flares come with the brackets. I can stand on mine with no worries. The fronts were super easy to put on. I had a shop put on the rears as they were a PITA, but after they are done, Its amazing.

I also went with PS based on design. The PS are more round compared to the GR. The GRs have more of sharp turns where the PS have more of a flow in my mind. This will come down to what your build is, but I wanted the body lines of my Jeep to flow and these matched the best.

I will give this advice as well. I went with the standard width and wish i would have gone the extra wide. The standards allow so much crap to get thrown up on the side. Im not even talking just mud and stuff on the trails. Just driving down the road when its wet will make your jeep look like it just went though a trail. This will lead to more knicks and scratches down the road. 100% recommend going the extra wide.

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the PS standard just for reference.

423ABF3C-3E46-43A9-A1F5-077A30874C38.jpeg

064DB599-2A3D-49F5-B94B-04BD2119B943.jpeg