Engine misfiring

Dw888

Hello, I’ve got a 2011 jk, after mild overheating problems, i blew my head gasket. I proceeded to replace both head gaskets, exhaust manifold gaskets, water pump, spark plugs, spark plug cables. I burped the coolant system of air and refilled with coolant fully. After all this my Jeep now does start but is throwing 3 codes. First one being P0300(random or multiple cylinder misfires), P0301(cylinder 1 misfire) and P0113(high air intake temp). I’m at a loss as to what the issue could be given everything I’ve swapped, thanks in advance for any answers/help!

Hello, I’ve got a 2011 jk, after mild overheating problems, i blew my head gasket. I proceeded to replace both head gaskets, exhaust manifold gaskets, water pump, spark plugs, spark plug cables. I burped the coolant system of air and refilled with coolant fully. After all this my Jeep now does start but is throwing 3 codes. First one being P0300(random or multiple cylinder misfires), P0301(cylinder 1 misfire) and P0113(high air intake temp). I’m at a loss as to what the issue could be given everything I’ve swapped, thanks in advance for any answers/help!
Any other ideas ?

Did you use OEM plugs and wires? The Jeeps are very picky about what gets installed on them.

X2 to this. Our Jeeps are picky about this stuff.

My other guess would be you forgot to install something when reassembling things, damaged a wire (a short can cause this), etc.

I agree especially on the plug wires.

The air intake temp will make it run lean, not sure it would cause that much, but if those sensors get fouled or wiring compromised, things go crazy.
Not sure if you got fluid anywhere on accident. I had some leaks on my JK and cleaned the engine to get a fresh look, that caused multiple sensors to crap out on me, and the fan (just as examples). For a 4x4 that is build for the wilderness, it’s sure sensitive to moisture. I used to run my dam CJ5 V8 into the ocean in Galveston at 2 am and never caused issues (yes I was stupid and in college, but still).
I’ve had O2 sensors that cause weird issues like this too, but that’s super low odds. I’d start with plug wires and plugs like previous posters said and also that air intake sensor.

I’d clean the connector and and replace to eliminate the sensor.