Electrical issues starter not turning over

It is the connector in the first few pictures that says "all" and it goes into the black connector on the PCM. I checked and this is the pin that it is on on the PCM connector
jeep3.jpg

Definitely not but it still does not seem to have anything to connect to. It is a bullet type connector and the inside is fairly clean so I assume its connection is somewhere . The diagram listed it as an 18g pink and grey wire but it is plain black.

My 08 is a manual trans and I just looked and I have no connector like that black one I took the main harness apart that runs along the fender to look. But I did find a red wire coming from the cab in that wire mess that appears to have a fusible link in it that then has 2 smaller red wires coming out of it. If you have that maybe your fusible link is burn't.

1613767492623.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp
It is the connector in the first few pictures that says "all" and it goes into the black connector on the PCM. I checked and this is the pin that it is on on the PCM connectorView attachment 118042

Is this the Connector on the ECM that's closest to the fender? If so that what looks like a pink with a light blue tracer wire on mine.

Definitely not but it still does not seem to have anything to connect to. It is a bullet type connector and the inside is fairly clean so I assume its connection is somewhere . The diagram listed it as an 18g pink and grey wire but it is plain black

Yea that's what color my wire is in that spot pink and grey tracer, i'll try and find out where it goes to. It goes into the main wiring harness into the cab and there were no connectors on it that I could find.

Last edited:
that is the correct wire according to the pinout, it should be a pink wire with a light grey tracer, Mine does not have that. I checked the 07/08 and they should be the same.

At least mine is according to the pinout. I wonder if someone had a security system at one time and it was plugged in there and thay changed the wire because it was part of the system. Your not finding another wire other then the black one with no end that could plug into the connector? Did you find the fusible link to see if was ok?

Same as yours one large red splitting into two reds link was fine. I searched the entire area and could not find another wire that it would plug into.

Yup checked M19, M21, M27, with a multimeter they are all good. J17 checked out fine with a multimeter continuity check. I did try grounding the loose wire and somehow I suspect that is what caused the issue in the first place.
Maybe when you tried grounding that wire you shorted something out.