Electrical issues starter not turning over

Mario

My front windshield washer pump was not working at all so I decided to pull the pump and check it out. I disconnected the negative battery terminal and pulled the connectors on the ECU to access the Pump. I pulled the pump checked it out cleaned everything up and I figured out a temporary fix until I get a new pump. I plugged all the connectors back in reconnected the battery, and now it wont start, does not even click. we have had a lot of winter weather here and I have had the jeep out nonstop over the last few days. I also noticed this connector and wire with nothing connected to it. The connector comes from the far left the harness to the ECU/PCM. It definitely looks like a ground can anybody here confirm that? The connector has some writing on it that says "ALL".

Jeep.jpg

What year is your Jeep? If it is a broken ground wire there should be a terminal on a ground stud with no wire on it within reach.

Yes there was a wire with nothing attached, and a ground stud close. Today I made a jumper to get the starter to turn which worked but the engine just cranked no start. No codes are in the computer, I don't know where to go from here.

Yes there was a wire with nothing attached, and a ground stud close. Today I made a jumper to get the starter to turn which worked but the engine just cranked no start. No codes are in the computer, I don't know where to go from here.

You didn't bend one of the terminals on the ECM connectors when you reinstalled them did you, or maybe have a piece of dirt that got in there?

Reactions: mrjp
The way most are when the engine turn over the crank sensor I believe sends a signal to the ECM that the engine is turning and then the ECM pulls in the ASD relay. So if the ASD relay isn't being pulled in then it won't fire.

Here is another picture of the black connector on my PCM and the stray wire that has no home. If anyone has an 07 JKU do you have this wire attached to something. Their is another stray wire but it has a different type of connector on it even though it looks like the same wire. I have for a pinout for this connector but have yet to find one.
Jeep2.jpg
Jeep2.jpg

I looked at my 08 and don't see that wire in your hand, my guess it's something a PO ran for something. Never seen a factory wire with something hand written on it. Also the ground stud next to the ECM there is 1 wire connected to it with some numbers on it that looks like it goes under the ECM.

Something else maybe try unhooking your battery cables to do a hard reset.

You know it'll probably be something simple that your overlooking. Does the starter turn over with the key? I just reread and saw you made a jumper.

Yea that is the strange part everything works. I can hear the solenoid in the fusebox but it is not sending the voltage to the starter solenoid on the starter itself.

Maybe that solenoid is bad is there another one that looks the same you can swap? Are you sure your trans is in park?