Drive shaft

Drocker

I put a 3 1/2 inch lift on my 17 wrangler 2 door and having problems with the drive shaft so I was wondering if anyone could link me some that would work with mine, im kinda lost and new to the jeeps

The front one is usually the problem because of the type of joint it has at the transfercase. And the bad thing about it you have to replace the whole shaft in order to fix the problem.

It might be best to take it off so that the end doesn't break like I saw someone else's do and damage the underside of the Jeep. Or fly out and hit someones vehicle driving down the road.

The front one is usually the problem because of the type of joint it has at the transfercase. And the bad thing about it you have to replace the whole shaft in order to fix the problem.

It might be best to take it off so that the end doesn't break like I saw someone else's do and damage the underside of the Jeep. Or fly out and hit someones vehicle driving down the road.
So I bought both front and backs adams shafts and that fixed that problem but ever since then I thought it was just when it got hot but the other morning I just took off and hit a pothole and it makes a loud like squealing noise. Any thoughts on what that may be. I also put thicker gear oil in my differentials and transfercase.

Where did the noise come from? Did the pothole have water in it, if so was your front tire that hit it? Water could have splashed into the serpentine belt and caused the noise.

Where did the noise come from? Did the pothole have water in it, if so was your front tire that hit it? Water could have splashed into the serpentine belt and caused the noise.
Nah there was no water, it'll sometimes do it just going down the road. It comes from somewhere underneath I just can't pin point where it is

So, I was taught whenever you change oil in your transfer case or differential to check the level again within a few days of normal driving conditions. Because differential oil or gear oil is thicker than other lubricants, the viscosity level will be somewhat reduced by the heat and you may need to add a little after it's been run for a bit.
Your transfer case should be just a small dribble. If it's overfilled it'll pour out.

Reactions: mrjp
I put a 3 1/2 inch lift on my 17 wrangler 2 door and having problems with the drive shaft so I was wondering if anyone could link me some that would work with mine, im kinda lost and new to the jeeps
A high lift creates more of an angle where the front shaft leaves the transfer case, and also where it enters the front differential. That increased angle can be a problem, throwing more stress on the linkages. What kind of problems are you having?