Clicking noise when depressing clutch pedal after new clutch install

scrnck

l had a professionally installed new smooth, shifting clutch in my 2010 jeep jk. Aprrox. 1000km and there is a click noise coming from around the slave cylinder/tranny area. it happens once one the way down and once one the way up at the same spot (4" from the bottom). anyone else have this problem?

You might look to see if the clutch master hold down bolts are loose or else look for cracks from around the mounting bolts.

Have someone push the clutch pedal while you look under the hood for problems.

Reactions: scrnck
Did this happen shortly after you paid to have the new clutch installed? If so, you need to take it back to the shop and see what they say. Any good shop will warranty their work.

Reactions: scrnck
Did this happen shortly after you paid to have the new clutch installed? If so, you need to take it back to the shop and see what they say. Any good shop will warranty their work.
yes. its back in the shop. It took over two weeks to install the new clutch last time, therefore I am hoping to gain some more knowledge from anyone who has experienced this already. After paying $2800, l don't want to be taken for too much this time around.

Reactions: Chris
yes. its back in the shop. It took over two weeks to install the new clutch last time, therefore I am hoping to gain some more knowledge from anyone who has experienced this already. After paying $2800, l don't want to be taken for too much this time around.
and the original throw out bearing already failed in my jeep and destroyed my clutch 2 years ago, 6000km after buying it. That one cost $1800. so this is the second clutch l had installed by a professional garage

and the original throw out bearing already failed in my jeep and destroyed my clutch 2 years ago, 6000km after buying it. That one cost $1800. so this is the second clutch l had installed by a professional garage
2 weeks to do a clutch? I think I would find another shop

unfortunately our main transmission shop closed down leaving only a few left which has caused a backlog in work orders.
Capreol North Bay? I have a very good Teck, ( making a $$$ working on Jeep, Chrysler, Ram. CRAP rides) if you have $$$ to correct a BITCHED job.

Capreol North Bay? I have a very good Teck, ( making a $$$ working on Jeep, Chrysler, Ram. CRAP rides) if you have $$$ to correct a BITCHED job.
ok thanks, they called today and said they found a leak in a tranny line. they are going to put it back together when it arrives and get back to me. l may need to go else where.

××××××UPDATE ××××

SORRY for the long time frame. The garage ordered the hydralic line, it took 2 weeks. About 2000km, my transmission jammed. Jeep towed again to shop. After inspection, they determined the hydralic line they just put on is leaking. After reordering, the line is now back ordered. I just got my jeep back Dec 4. (9 months total). My jeep is shifting great. That's my story