IMPORTANT Classified Rules & Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
I encourage all of our members to read this thread so that we can make the classified section of this site a better place for everyone. Below I am going to outline the rules and guidelines for the posting of classified ads.

Requirements for Posting an Ad
  • Price, Condition, Location - All classified ads must contain a price, condition and location. Please do not post an ad without any of this information as it makes it more difficult for all of us to have to guess.
  • Fitment - Please do your best to let potential buyers know what years and model Jeeps your part will fit (this only applies to parts that are model / year specific).
  • Images - Okay, pictures are not required, but I think everyone will agree with me that images help to sell your item much, much faster. Let's get real guys, it's 2015, so there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever to not have images of what you're selling.
  • Advertisements - This forum will not permit any dealer or vendor advertisements in the classified section of the site. Those posts belong in the vendor section.
Posting guidelines
If you don't agree with someone's asking price, then keep your opinion to yourself! You may not agree with what they're asking, but that doesn't give you the right to bash them or criticize their price. Any posts that criticize the sellers asking price will be deleted. Be respectful of others, this should go without saying.

Don't hijack someone's classified ad. If someone is trying to sell something, don't go into their thread and post something of your own for sale. A perfect example of this would be a member trying to sell a set of wheels. Then another member responds and says, "Hey, I've got a set of the same wheels for $100 less, if anyone is interested!". That's called thread hijacking and it is not allowed.

What do I do if my item has sold?
If your item has sold, please use the "Mark Sold" link in the top right corner of your post. Click on the screenshot below if you are having trouble finding it:

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 8.54.31 PM.png

It's also helpful to edit your original post and mention that the item has been sold as well.

All classified ads are auto-locked after 365 days, meaning that while the ad will still be up, no new replies to the thread will be accepted. Common sense would say that if someone is responding to a classified ad from over a year ago, it's more than likely sold.

How to avoid being scammed
wranglertjforum.com does our best to keep scammers out of this site. We encourage all of our members to be smart when buying online. There are several things you can do to make sure that your online buying experience goes smoothly, they are as follows:
  • Always pay using a secure credit card processing system such as PayPal, Square, etc. By paying with your credit card / debit card you are entitled to fraud protection and can always file a charge back with your credit card / debit card company (i.e. VISA). I personally have filed charge backs numerous times, and you ALWAYS get your money back as long as you report the fraud within a certain time period.
  • Do NOT pay anyone with a check or money order (this includes Western Union or Money Gram as well). Anyone asking you to pay them using one of these methods is almost certainly trying to rip you off. Avoid these transactions at all costs and please report them to a staff member.
  • Use common sense. There is a lot of common sense that goes into buying things online. First off, if you have any doubt in your mind that the seller is a scammer, that should be your first warning. Secondly, do your research. What we mean by that is research the seller a bit. See how many forum posts they have, see how active they are on the forum, and maybe even Google their name and email address just to see if they have a negative reputation on Google. Your chances of being ripped off by a member with 2 or 3 posts are always going to be much greater than being ripped off by a member with 1000+ posts and constant forum activity. Again, this is just basic common sense.
Buyer Beware!
This forum is absolutely, positively not responsible at all for ANY transactions that take place on this website. We will not reimburse you for any money lost, nor will we intervene in any disputes you might have with the seller. All disputes must be taken up personally with the seller, in which case we encourage the two of you to work things out. In addition, disputes must be handled via personal messages and should not spill over into actual forum posts unless absolutely necessary.

Alert us to Potential Scams
If you have a suspicion that someone is trying to rip you off or scam you, please alert one of our staff members so we can take action.

Conclusion
In conclusion I'll end by saying this: Use common sense. If something seems to good to be true, it probably isn't. Don't pay using any other means than PayPal or your credit card. We want the classified section of this site to be a place where people can buy and sell things without worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.