Cars you shouldn't own (according to the internet)

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
I thought this might make for a reasonably entering off-topic thread. This popped into my head the other day due to someone having asked if they should avoid 05-06 TJs due to the OPDA issue and the automatic transmission shift issues. It got me thinking that with nearly any car I've ever owned, there have always been the "chicken littles" (as I call them) on every automotive forum I've been a member of, who will tell you to avoid ____________ car, due to _________________ issue(s).

I hope that everyone who reads this knows that I am being very, very sarcastic with this post. Yes, people say you should avoid these vehicles, but I seriously roll my eyes at this mumbo jumbo bullshit. How many times do I have to say it? You only read about negative experiences online, not all of the positive ones.

I'm going to start this thread off with the vehicles I know of. Feel free to add to the list!

2005-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJs
Why should you avoid this car?
According to the internet, 05-06 TJs are "ticking time bombs" due to the OPDA issue and potential automatic transmission hard shift issues.

2000-2006 BMW M3s
According to the internet, the rear subframe bushings will eventually rip through the frame.

2006-2013 Chevy Corvette Z06 (or any Chevy with an LS7 engine)
According to the internet, they have valve issues, and they will all drop valves eventually, leading to catastrophic failure.

I saw a article that said JK (12-18) were one of the worst vehicles to own.

Their reasoning? It was loud and didn't ride like a Rolls Royce. *eyeroll*