Can I put these wheels and tires on my 2017 Jeep Wrangler?

JoesJeep

Can I put these rims tires on my 2017 Jeep Wrangler:

Rims -- 16x8 -- Negative 12 offset -- Backspace 4 --

Tires -- 285/75r16

How far out is that -12 offset going to take me?

Will they fit? Yes

With 4" of backspacing, they are going to stick out about 1.25" past the factory fender flares, which is going to give you a bit of a "brodozer" or "skateboard" look. I hate that look, but that is just my opinion.

Offset isn't a term we use in the Jeep world, we use backspacing instead. The idea backspace would be 5.2" or right around there.

How did you calculate that they will stick out 1.25" past my fender flares?

Because with 5.25" backspacing (the ideal backspacing) and a 12.5" wide tire, the wheels and tires are almost perfectly flush with the fender flares.

With 4" backspacing, you just subtract that from 5.25", which means they'll stick out roughly 1.25" from the fender flares. Possibly a little more or less, but it's going to be very close to that.

You'll notice a ton of aftermarket wheels specifically for the JK with 5.25" backspacing. There's a reason for that, because it really is the ideal number for the majority of us (unless you have some sort of insane setup such as 40s and 1-ton axles, etc.).

Appreciate the information!

I'm going to do a 8" wheel, 11" tire and 4.5 backspace.

Think that will work?

If my calculations are correct, it should stick out 2" further then it is now with my stock setup

I really appreciate your help