Can anyone identify this hardtop?

JDJK

Can anyone help identify this top? I need to order a new back window.
(2007 JK Wrangler Unlimited Safari)

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Gotta be honest, I don't think it's a Smitty. If it was, it would be tagged in at least 2-3 places with the manufacturer's logo/nameplate. Second, that little raise or "spoiler" look on the rear top edge looks like the Smitty Safari, but none of their other hardtops for a JKU have that look to them.
A little more info- year & model of the vehicle?

Reactions: Chris and mrjp
Thanks! Yea, no plates or tags anywhere. It's not a rallytop or smittybilt. I am going to check with wildboar, dv8, bestop, and any other names I can find. It's a shame to pay 3,000 for a new top when I only need a 300 window.

Most local glass shops should be able to cut glass to spec to be honest. They deal with custom applications frequently I'm sure.

You might want to check with your local glass shop, they may be able to fix you up.
Frank
Most local glass shops should be able to cut glass to spec to be honest. They deal with custom applications frequently I'm sure.

Keep in mind all vehicle windows must be tempered glass. Tempered glass cannot be cut to size; it has to be cut to the correct size, then tempered. This is usually an order. You could consider using plexiglass or lexan...

Reactions: JDJK
Keep in mind all vehicle windows must be tempered glass. Tempered glass cannot be cut to size; it has to be cut to the correct size, then tempered. This is usually an order. You could consider using plexiglass or lexan...

Good info, I didn't actually know this. But I suppose if you can order it at least, that's better than nothing!

I contacted about 8 different top manufactures and no one recognized it, and even if they did, they no longer sell glass. Dealer charges $900 for OEM glass, and I was about to pay $3,000 for a new top. I ended up going to Lowes and for $92 dollars bought a sheet of plexiglass big enough for two windows. I cut cardboard for a template and made a plexiglass window and it has worked out well. I am pretty happy with the result and saved the top from the landfill. I will probably order a bottom trim piece that will lock it behind the gate or use magnetic strip tape.

IMG_1456.jpg

Reactions: Anybodyhome
I contacted about 8 different top manufactures and no one recognized it, and even if they did, they no longer sell glass. Dealer charges $900 for OEM glass, and I was about to pay $3,000 for a new top. I ended up going to Lowes and for $92 dollars bought a sheet of plexiglass big enough for two windows. I cut cardboard for a template and made a plexiglass window and it has worked out well. I am pretty happy with the result and saved the top from the landfill. I will probably order a bottom trim piece that will lock it behind the gate or use magnetic strip tape.
If you go back to Lowes, go to the hardware section and they have a rack with a variety of sizes of "U" channel in aluminum. Or, you could go with a strip of drilled flat (be very careful drilling thru plexiglass) to give some strength to the bottom edge.
1603470394370.png

1603470468039.png

Reactions: JDJK