Best Tire Carrier To Get?

Dr23ew23

Just upgraded to 35 in Yokohama tires and need an upgraded tire carrier. Bought a relocation bracket off Amazon, and let’s just say I’ll be returning it. Please help.

I have a Smittybilt XRC. Nothing fancy just simple steel
122E2099-912F-453D-BE35-6A2470BA95AB.jpeg

That seems like the option I will go. Curious if I’d still be able to use a 3rd brake light. Not the stock version but a round version that sits behind the spare

I have the Havoc Offroad Aftershock Gen 2 bumper and tire carrier. The bumper and carrier are great, but Havoc's customer service sucked. Once I got all the parts, which took forever, install was easy. It wasn't super expensive like some are. It was around $700. So far, I'm pretty happy with it.

Resized_R.jpg

IMG_0560 (1).jpg

20200530_152803.jpg

I have a Teraflex HD for my 35's and I've detailed the hinge issues I'm having. I haven't had time to completely remove the entire rack and tailgate to break down the hinges and pull the pins (pretty sure it's galvanic or bimetallic corrosion on a 4-year old part), but Teraflex has not returned any of me emails and their phone number is always "all circuits are busy at this time."
I'll give them one more opportunity, then it's time for some very negative reviews and recommendations. It's a $700 rack with the adjustable tire mount and there's no way it should have gone south this fast.

That’s exactly the one I ordered yesterday. 🤦🏽‍♂️

All I can recommend at this point is to pull the hinge pins (they have an e-ring on the bottom) and grease the hell out of them before you mount it on the your JK. There are no zerk fittings and once you've put it back together and mount it, there's no easy way to do a lube job in the future. The part comes assembled, the hinge side and tailgate side are together when you get it.
If you have not read my post describing the issue I'm having, in a nutshell, my tailgate no longer swings freely and easily, and has become a 100lb weight to open. With a 35 on the back, you have to open the gate all the way or the rear window won't clear the tire. I'm 6'6" and 285lbs and I pull the tailgate halfway open, turn and push it the rest of the way. I should get my wife to video that exercise and I'll post it here.
Hopefully, I'll have some help and can take everything apart this coming weekend, and I'll get photos of it all.

I ordered the CavFab tire carrier yesterday. I don't have any experience with one, or know anybody else that has one. Just throwing it out there as another possibility to research.

Reactions: mikespine
Being that I have the Smittybilt Front and Rear Bumpers, I did see a Smittybilt Hinge carrier. Any advice with this particular one.
I have the Mopar version, pretty much the same thing, and mine has been great.