Battery dead (again)

Ridiculous

I have a 2018 JK Unlimited and I’m now on my second dead battery. Each battery has lasted only 12-16 months. Is this just crappy Mopar batteries or do these Jeeps have known electrical issues?

Oh, and I took the battery to my local dealership to swap it out under warranty (Mopar has a 2 year warranty on the battery). And, in a typical dealership unhelpful way, they told me the battery has to be in the Jeep for them to test it. The battery is so dead, I would need to tow the Jeep there. What kind of ridiculous policy is that?

There's obviously something else going on, like the alternator or voltage regulator. I believe there is a recall on 2018 Jeep voltage regulators.
Check nhtsa.gov/vehicles and enter your VIN for current recalls.

I think Chris is suggesting an aftermarket parasitic drain. The dealership may want to test your alternator. Which you may be able to do at home with a DMM. My Mopar battery is 10yrs old, it is not a deep cycle but is still powers up my tv during outages, and when I load tested it the other day it had 435 CCA.

I'd turn off the jeep, place a amp/volt meter between the negative of the battery and the wiring harness. Then starts pulling out fuses till there is no more/minimal amp draw i can read.
That'd give and indication of which circuit is drawing the power when it shouldn't. If no circuit are draining then my guess is what AnybodyHome said.

Reactions: mrjp