Bass / radio issues

Cianfrano

Ok first time posting. I have a 2013 JK custom roll cage. Obviously I had to remove the overhead sound bar. Now I only have front speakers and some junky roll cage mounted Boss speakers. But how to I acquire more bass for sound? Do I need an amplifier? Or something?

30EC5224-178B-474D-B3D4-06ED231A65DA.jpeg

Too much work for my rock crawler I think. Have to look into marine grade. Thanks
You can get a powered sub and it's easy to hook up. We have a powered 10" Rockford Fosgate sub in ours and it was easy to hook up. There are many options for powered subs out there. Go check out Crutchfield.com. The best place for a diy.

Thanks I am looking for something easy to hook that doesn’t require a degree in electrical lol
Hooking up a powered sub is really easy. You will get a wiring kit. 1 fused hot wire from the battery, 1 short ground to frame, 1 remote wire for stereo to turn it on, and a set of RCA for the actual signal. Crutchfield has everything you need, expert customer support, exact directions for your specific vehicle, etc. I promise, you don't need an electrical degree.

How hard is it to install the p500-12p in a 2008 JK? Do you need to connect it to the head unit…or can you somehow splice it into the JBL sun in the back? Sorry, total newbie.