Anyone have experience with these doors?

I'm curious to hear how they work for you. I would really like half doors, but it is hard to justify the cost of about $1200 before paint.

Reactions: JerryD
I'm curious to hear how they work for you. I would really like half doors, but it is hard to justify the cost of about $1200 before paint.
I hear ya. Cheap half/ full door option. Well… cheapish. Got a 10% discount and they were still $526. Way less than core half doors or factory half doors.

From what I've read, they don't fit or seal well, require a lot of adjustment, bow out on the highway, and keep out the majority of rain, but they're the only option in that price range and if you don't have expectations they'll be remotely close to hard doors, they're perfect. When I was looking into them, there's a few threads on various forums that have tips and tricks to get them to fit better.

I've read a number of reviews and many agree with it that "they're great but they leak" and then there is the occasional "if you adjust them right they don't leak at all"

Back before HMMWV (military hummer) got all armored we just had soft doors and occasionally you got a leaky one, but it had to be pretty old, or the doors bent wrong.

I would be surprised if it didn't just require some bending, shaping, and a bunch of adjustment to get these to work.

Not expecting much. Just something to keep me semi dry in case of a downpour. Not so much me really mostly the electronics in the Jeep itself .

Reactions: mrjp
In my cj days I would occasionally have to bend/rebend doors to improve the "seal". I can't speak to the fit, but I wonder if people today have unrealistic expectations.

Reactions: mrjp and Largehit71
I have a set and love them. Easy on/off. Your not going to get a great seal and you will get water inside when it rains. I can stuff all four doors in the trunk without a problem. For a mirror bracket, I used a small piece of aluminum, drilled two offset holes, with a flat rubber grommet and mounted the mirror.

20210607_102459.jpg

20210501_203549.jpg

20210503_115126.jpg

20210503_115130.jpg

@Lxxtsy . Did you lube the guide poles for the upper doors? Hell to get on and whole door wants to come out of the hinges when I try to lift them off.

In my short time with them I think they will do just what I need them to. Drove a bit at 55 mph and didn’t notice too much flapping or bowing. Aftermarket mirrors whistled ( they have always done that) but no undue noise from the doors. None that are dealbreakers anyway. They are what they are . Lightweight easy on easy off doors to keep the worst of the weather off of you.

Brain fart. Gotta remember to turn head unit off when done . Lol. I thought “ well I shut the door all is good”. Treat it like the doors are off because they are. Doh!

• Face Palm
Pleasantly surprised. Had a moderate rain last night. Expected to find a puddle or two in the ol girl when I checked this morning. Saw a few drops and nothing else. Granted she was sitting and not driving but the fabric doors did way better than I expected . I can see why @Lxxtsy likes them. Would buy again.

Reactions: Lxxtsy
Don't be surprised during heavy rain to get more water inside. The cloth will soak the water and you will see that from the inside but it will dry itself. When I remove the doors after it rains and no longer need them on, I turn them 360 to get the remaining water out. For some odd reason it collects somewhere 🤔.

Don't be surprised during heavy rain to get more water inside. The cloth will soak the water and you will see that from the inside but it will dry itself. When I remove the doors after it rains and no longer need them on, I turn them 360 to get the remaining water out. For some odd reason it collects somewhere 🤔.
I wonder if you can treat it like you would for tents? Or use Flex Seal :)