Anyone have any recommendations for a new horn?

Anybodyhome

USN Retired (1973-1993)
Supporting Member
Anyone have any recommendations for a new horn, like one that will wake the dead? Not that I use it very often as I'm a patient man with nothing but time and I simply shake my head at the moron who flies past me at 65 in a 35 zone because he couldn't get up 5 minutes earlier and make sure he got to work on time.

But Sunday morning I was having none of it. Just finished a walk along the river with the wife and dogs and were headed back to the house. I'm sitting at a notoriously long light and, just as it turns green, an idiot in a black Caddie shoots past me in the right turn only lane and promptly cuts me off in the single lane that is on the other side of the intersection.

You know what happens next- a half mile down the road, he's braking and turning right into his neighborhood and I seize the opportunity to lay on my horn as I bear down on him, you know, just to let him know that aside from almost causing a wreck and being a dick, he made up a whole car length by running through a right turn lane.
Anyway, I want a horn. A loud-ass horn for my Jeep.

Reactions: mrjp
You need to move to the country, the only thing that almost cut me off last night, were 3 white deer crossing our road. ( Man, I need to get off road lights. Been talking about it for a decade now ).

Anyone have any recommendations for a new horn, like one that will wake the dead? Not that I use it very often as I'm a patient man with nothing but time and I simply shake my head at the moron who flies past me at 65 in a 35 zone because he couldn't get up 5 minutes earlier and make sure he got to work on time.
But Sunday morning I was having none of it. Just finished a walk along the river with the wife and dogs and were headed back to the house. I'm sitting at a notoriously long light and, just as it turns green, an idiot in a black Caddie shoots past me in the right turn only lane and promptly cuts me off in the single lane that is on the other side of the intersection.
You know what happens next- a half mile down the road, he's braking and turning right into his neighborhood and I seize the opportunity to lay on my horn as I bear down on him, you know, just to let him know that aside from almost causing a wreck and being a dick, he made up a whole car length by running through a right turn lane.
Anyway, I want a horn. A loud-ass horn for my Jeep.
So any update?
I bought and installed an air horn but is not working right.

Reactions: Anybodyhome
So any update?
I bought and installed an air horn but is not working right.
The horn is a mod not at the top of my priority list right now. Installed new shocks last weekend and I'll be dropping about $1600 on a set of tires in the next month or so. Also have a couple other items I want first

You need to move to the country, the only thing that almost cut me off last night, were 3 white deer crossing our road. ( Man, I need to get off road lights. Been talking about it for a decade now ).
I do live in the country.... just happened to be near the city when this happened.

There's a write up on the web where a guy took 3 caddy horns & hooked them up. Always wanted to try it, but where to put them?

Edit: Found the bookmark. It was a 4 note system

Last edited:
I used to have Hella air horns on a previous vehicle and man are those things loud! Believe me when I say they'll get your attention!

:rolleyes:
This is very loud 150db as promised by GAMPRO. Horn head is mounted with the existing brake cylinder 12mm mounting bolt by the firewall. I modified the bracket of the oem horn to mount the compressor sideways (yellow sticker) the relay is tucked-in by the side. All wires are hidden under.
IMG_2063.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp and JerryD
:rolleyes:
This is very loud 150db as promised by GAMPRO. Horn head is mounted with the existing brake cylinder 12mm mounting bolt by the firewall. I modified the bracket of the oem horn to mount the compressor sideways (yellow sticker) the relay is tucked-in by the side. All wires are hidden under.
View attachment 117203
Great spot. Unfortunately, I have a switch relay box right there. Sometimes I really wish I had one of these, though.