Anyone have a solution for rock rail gap?

Cobriscus

Supporting Member
My Recon came with the factory rock rails, which have been great. The problem is they collect more rocks than they seem to protect from. I am about to take them loose so I can clean out the accumulated rocks and wondered if anyone has ever found a solution for keeping the rocks out. I was going to peruse my local automotive parts store to see if there is a rubber gasket I can wedge in there before reattaching.

IMG_5365.jpg
IMG_5366.jpg
IMG_5367.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: mrjp
Couple things I might suggest since you mentioned a rubber gasket-type material:
1. Pipe insulation. A foam rubber product available at Lowe's or HD in the plumbing section. Comes in a 6' length, is tubular and is already split. It is mean to wrap plumbing pipes under the house so they don't freeze. But, it could easily be split a second time and act similar to the rubber gasket material you mentioned.
2. Expansion joint compound. You know the material used to separate concrete slabs. Also available at Lowe's or HD. This is a weather resistant material that would also snug nicely into the space.

Reactions: Danarch and mrjp