Anyone do a writeup on a power inverter

You can mount them where ever you want, but if you want to use it while your inside the Jeep then mount it somewhere that it's out of the way but easy to plug something in.

I'm jelly where is it mounted got any pics?
Here you go
IMG_3720.jpeg

IMG_3721.jpeg

Dam thats cool ok so I'm going to have to run a rocker switch to power it on and off do you know where they mounted it im sure it needs air to breath when on I was gonna mount mine 750watts everstart in the center console but I don't want it to over heat

If you want it to stay cool mount it under your seat, not in a enclosed area.

Reactions: mrjp
My 2012 JK Rubicon came with a built in inverter and it is useless for anything beyond charging a phone that will charge if the adapter is plugged into the power outputs or the USB port which makes me wonder what use it is.
To me useless means it wont run my coffee grinder or Mr.Coffee.

I bought an inverter that I hooked up to the battery, because I opened the hood and ran the engine, then plugged into the permanent extension cord that I ran back to the bed of my Tundra so I could open the door to the tiny 6-Pak camper and plug in and make coffee.

Of course the cab of a Tundra has about 90% more room than any Wrangler so I didn't bother with a permanent mount.

My 2012 JK Rubicon came with a built in inverter and it is useless for anything beyond charging a phone that will charge if the adapter is plugged into the power outputs or the USB port which makes me wonder what use it is.
To me useless means it wont run my coffee grinder or Mr.Coffee.

I bought an inverter that I hooked up to the battery, because I opened the hood and ran the engine, then plugged into the permanent extension cord that I ran back to the bed of my Tundra so I could open the door to the tiny 6-Pak camper and plug in and make coffee.

Of course the cab of a Tundra has about 90% more room than any Wrangler so I didn't bother with a permanent mount.
Old thread, but I am also disappointed in the capability of the factory inverter & wondered if there might be an upgrade that others have done, or if I'm on my own for this project...
I can always just buy a larger one and take it with the rest of the 'must have' gear, but replacing the factory unit would be my preference.
Any advice or input is appreciated.

Where is the factory inverter? I've had 5 jk's and none of them had them; when I need one, I throw it in with the other camping gear. Just curious.

Where is the factory inverter? I've had 5 jk's and none of them had them; when I need one, I throw it in with the other camping gear. Just curious.
If yours has one, there is a switch on the dash below the HVAC controls, and the outlet is on the forward face of the center console, beneath the latch.