Another wheel and tire thread

Robert Burcham

Bet yall havent heard this question before. My wife has a 16 Sahara Unlimited. Its gonna be a road queen. Already is, whatever. I did the days of wheel/tire combos research once before and lost my paper with the specs. Trying to keep my weight down. If I'm not mistaken there were a few wheel/tires that came in around stock weight even in a 35". I might be wrong. Anybody got a quick list?

While I don't have a list, my favorite thing to do is lookup the tire size I want on Tire Rack, then use the search filter to drill the list down by weight. Tire Rack shows all the weights for each tire, so you can very quickly hone in on which ones are the lightest.

Tire weight is a big deal. If you want a lighter tire, stay away from M/T tires and stick with an A/T or similar.

While I don't have a list, my favorite thing to do is lookup the tire size I want on Tire Rack, then use the search filter to drill the list down by weight. Tire Rack shows all the weights for each tire, so you can very quickly hone in on which ones are the lightest.

Tire weight is a big deal. If you want a lighter tire, stay away from M/T tires and stick with an A/T or similar.

Thanks Chris. I did that before but I think I remember that 2 of my top choices didnt have weights listed on tire rack. Was trying to get away without having to do all the research again. But I guess I'll just have to get busy.

Reactions: Chris
Discounttiredirect.com also lists weights for each tire. Normally, you'll find weight increase as load rating increases so a C load tire in general is lighter than an E load tire. That said, there are exceptions and I was surprised when I was looking recently. Toyos, Nittos, and Falkens I looked at were mostly on the heavier side.

You have to drill down a little but it looks like most the tires here include the tire weight. I think that is what your looking for.