My JKU came with an angry eyes grill. I guess they are okay for some but, I don't feel like they make a Jeep more "bad ass". To me, they strike me as kind of silly. Anyone else feel the same way? I removed them and went with something different that I like better. Anyone feel the same way about angry bird
angry-bird.jpg
eyes?

I have one like that only mines a angry bull, goes with the decals on the sides of my Jeep.

Reactions: mrjp
My JKU came with an angry eyes grill. I guess they are okay for some but, I don't feel like they make a Jeep more "bad ass". To me, they strike me as kind of silly. Anyone else feel the same way? I removed them and went with something different that
Definitely not a fan of the angry eyes grills. Makes a man’s truck look like a boy’s toy....

Not a fan. When I was looking to buy, as soon as I saw a Jeep with it, NEXT.
But that is my feeling. Obviously there are many that like the look. I don't like cooked broccoli either
I like the angel eyes on my headlights (PO added them) but I'm sure there are many that don't

I just got back from Jeepbeach 2021 in Daytona Beach Fl. Probably close to a 1000 wranglers and only a few older jeeps had angry eyes. They are no longer in vogue but, I sort of like seeing the few that I did because it reminds us of a by-gone-era. Sort of like bell bottom jeans. Not a single JL with angry eyes. Here are some pics.

IMG_5767.jpg

IMG_5765.jpg

IMG_5768.jpg

Reactions: Lxxtsy and mrjp
I just got back from Jeepbeach 2021 in Daytona Beach Fl. Probably close to a 1000 wranglers and only a few older jeeps had angry eyes. They are no longer in vogue but, I sort of like seeing the few that I did because it reminds us of a by-gone-era. Sort of like bell bottom jeans. Not a single JL with angry eyes. Here are some pics.

View attachment 118566

View attachment 118567

View attachment 118568
Maybe because the cursed angry grill hasn’t been manufactured for the JL?

In reply to the general thread- I don’t like angry grills or eyes, at all. It changes the iconic look of the Jeep for the worse, IMO.

Reactions: Jino and mrjp
View attachment 119622
The cringe has spread to the bronco as well.
When I see angry eyes/grill, I feel embarrassed for them.
This look to me is much worse than the angry eyes. Mostly because I'm unsure of the purpose of the "vcowl"

I take a function over form approach with my jeeps. While I like them to look pretty as they can, if a new part doesn't serve a purpose..welll...

This is most egregiously present in blacked out lights of any sort on a vehicle. Mods that not only are 100% for form, but also inhibit the function of the lights themselves. Those are the worst of the worst mods. Angry eyes at least do not make the headlights worse, where the vcowl appears to inhibit visibility, and blacked out lights definitely make lights less visible, I'm surprised they are not illegal.

This look to me is much worse than the angry eyes. Mostly because I'm unsure of the purpose of the "vcowl"

I take a function over form approach with my jeeps. While I like them to look pretty as they can, if a new part doesn't serve a purpose..welll...

This is most egregiously present in blacked out lights of any sort on a vehicle. Mods that not only are 100% for form, but also inhibit the function of the lights themselves. Those are the worst of the worst mods. Angry eyes at least do not make the headlights worse, where the vcowl appears to inhibit visibility, and blacked out lights definitely make lights less visible, I'm surprised they are not illegal.
Wranglers have become the new fast and the furious Honda civic apparently.

I think most overlanders also gear up for looks, most of it looks hardly used.

My JKU came with a lot of things I wouldn't have spent the money on. But the price was good so I couldn't turn it down. I do like the angry eyes look though.

20210523_153234.jpg

Reactions: BLACKJKU