After market radio?

Tasha

I am new to the Jeep world and just picked up a 2015 Wrangler Willys and would like to get the radio swapped out to possibly a touch screen. All suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thank you

I second crutchfield. By far the best option I've found. It tells you exactly what you need in order to maintain steering wheel controls and other functionality. I like kenwood quite a bit, but as long as you go with one of the big brands you can't go wrong. (stay away from Dual or Boss.. not sure about Jensen)

With the computer chip shortage around the world at the moment you may have to be patient. Should give you plenty of time to poke around and figure out what options are important to you. You can always link something and get our thoughts on it.

Also, if you are want a few options to choose from, give us a price range and we can go from there.

I second crutchfield. By far the best option I've found. It tells you exactly what you need in order to maintain steering wheel controls and other functionality. I like kenwood quite a bit, but as long as you go with one of the big brands you can't go wrong. (stay away from Dual or Boss.. not sure about Jensen)

With the computer chip shortage around the world at the moment you may have to be patient. Should give you plenty of time to poke around and figure out what options are important to you. You can always link something and get our thoughts on it.

Also, if you are want a few options to choose from, give us a price range and we can go from there.
The Crutchfield site was very straight forward and easy to navigate.
I'm sure the the chip shortage has something to do with the amount of radios that are out of stock at the moment.
Nothing wrong with blowing off the dust from my 1980's discs and hanging onto my CD player for a bit.

Reactions: Daddyo2373 and mrjp
The Crutchfield site was very straight forward and easy to navigate.
I'm sure the the chip shortage has something to do with the amount of radios that are out of stock at the moment.
Nothing wrong with blowing off the dust from my 1980's discs and hanging onto my CD player for a bit.
Nothing wrong with the 80’s. Still have some hair metal discs in my Jeep. 👍

• Haha
  • Face Palm
Reactions: mrjp and tsetsefly1
A lot has to do with how much you are willing to spend. From Crutchfield I bought a Kenwood with GPS and I love it. I have a Pioneer system in my truck and love it too. I chose the Kenwood for my jeep because it uses Garmin for its gps, and I'm familiar with it. Kenwood and Pioneer have been around for a long time and you can't go wrong with either brand. I used JL Audio for my amps and speakers. Even built a custom box and mounted it to my tailgate for a 13" JL Audio sub. The system sounds phenomenal! Like I said, it just depends on your budget. I also see that Crutchfield is pretty much out of decent stereos. Find the one you want and look around on the internet, or wait for Crutchfield. They are really the best to deal with. Good luck!

Reactions: Daddyo2373 and mrjp
Does someone make quality speakers that would be a direct fit for the stock speakers. I have a nice Kenwood head unit but the sound sucks. I have a 2015 JKU.
2nd and 3rd everyone on here. I picked up a $45ish pair of Rockford Fosgate speakers for my roll bar and it was life changing. The stock speakers are paper thin and ridiculously light. I tossed in a PS-8 sub and it's a whole new feel.

I recently replaced everything in our JKU a couple of months ago and bought from Crutchfield.
I went with a Kenwood head Unit. Used JL Audio speaker up front and in soundboard, then went with a powered sub from Fosgate. Kenwood amp for all front speakers. Very happy with it and it can get really loud for when the top is down.
I have pics in my post.

Reactions: mrjp
i just upgraded me head unit added a backup camera. It does not seem like the rest of the stock system is keeping up. Spent 1500 on the head and install. What is next.? feel like i got to go to the next level with the speakers. Any advice for doing that?

i just upgraded me head unit added a backup camera. It does not seem like the rest of the stock system is keeping up. Spent 1500 on the head and install. What is next.? feel like i got to go to the next level with the speakers. Any advice for doing that?
The JL Audio that I used sound great. Any name brand will work fine though. You will probably have to replace the OE amp as OE speakers are a different Ohm than aftermarket, that is if you have the Infinity system.

2nd and 3rd everyone on here. I picked up a $45ish pair of Rockford Fosgate speakers for my roll bar and it was life changing. The stock speakers are paper thin and ridiculously light. I tossed in a PS-8 sub and it's a whole new feel.
Did you install the R165X3's? I think they're a direct fit replacement, nothing needed except a screwdriver.

Reactions: franka548
Did you install the R165X3's? I think they're a direct fit replacement, nothing needed except a screwdriver.
Sure did! I had to drill new holes, just used some self tappers. Produce enough sound for me. I've turned it up to drown out 2 drunk wife's in the back seat and no distortion.