AEV PROCAL Module

JBAG75

I recently "inherited" a 2011 DR Wrangler Sport and found this in the "trunk" with the AMP Research Power Step info. What is this and how does it work? It has the instructions and so on but not sure if anything been set using it or not. It came with 18" wheels with 35x12.5x18 MT's and am in the process of replacing them with same size tires. I see all kinds of posts referencing gearing, axles sizes, damage to ball joints, etc. Enough to make a new JEEP owner's head spin. What does this gizmo do? Thx for any insights.

20210830_152617.jpg

IMG_2378.jpg

I had one of those in mine when I bought it as well. I used it to set my DRLs and to check the speedo and shift points based on the wheel size. But I soon after bought a real OBD 2 dongle and use the JScan app. No longer have any use for the ProCal.
It'll also clear any codes that pop up, but it obviously cannot diagnose the codes and most you do clear will pop right back up.

Reactions: mrjp
Thx for the reply. Still not sure what to do with it. Is this module now synced to this JEEP (by VIN)? Is there a way to see what settings may have been changed/modified by this gizmo? I am assuming the person that modified this JEEP did everything "right" but not sure. Still learning as I go.

Thx for the reply. Still not sure what to do with it. Is this module now synced to this JEEP (by VIN)? Is there a way to see what settings may have been changed/modified by this gizmo? I am assuming the person that modified this JEEP did everything "right" but not sure. Still learning as I go.
They are generic. I used mine to calibrate the speedo on my brother-in-law's JKU.
No, it does not display anything, and you would have no way of knowing if any settings were changed unless something jumps out at you.

Best to make the small, but well worth it, investment in an OBD 2 dongle and the JScan app.

OK, thx for the info. Nothing is jumping out so will won't look at fixing what's not broke and put it all back in the "trunk".