Advice on wheels and going to 37 inch tires

Tarzanlimon

I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited and currently want to move my tires up from 33's to 37's and also get new rims as well. I dont go offroad often and i drive on road alot and just wanted to get an opinion on what tires to look for and what would be best for the type of driving I do? As for the rims, I really liked the look of methods 305 & Walker Evans Legend II's but before i actually purchase i just wanted to know if there was anything else out there that would give it that mean/clean look and if there is anything that i have to know about the beadlocks?

I'am for sure going to gear it as well once I have everything!!! when moving up to 37's with a 4' lift besides gearing it is there anything you guys recommend doing once moving up ?

The Method 305 is one of my favorite wheels out there. You definitely don't want real beadlocks for the street though, believe me on that one. The Method 305 is nice though because it's a look-a-like beadlocks without being real.

For tires I would suggest an A/T tire such as the KO2, as it's going to be far, far better on-road than a M/T tire.

In addition to the lift, I would suggest upgrading to chromoly axle shafts, as even with just street driving those 37s are going to put a lot of stress on the stock ones.

Reactions: Tarzanlimon
Like Chris said, do not go with actual beadlocks. Beadlocks are unsafe at highway speeds and its very hard to find shops that will service them. Fake beadlocks kind of look cheesy but that's just my opinion. I have Fuel Assault wheels and actually just bought 35in Nitto Trailgrappler M/Ts yesterday. So far they are VERY quiet compared to my 33in Cooper discoverer M/Ts. I probably go trailing about once a month so the majority of my driving is on road. M/Ts look WAY better than A/Ts imo but the look comes with a cost in the form of treadlife and MPG.

Reactions: Tarzanlimon
The Method 305 is one of my favorite wheels out there. You definitely don't want real beadlocks for the street though, believe me on that one. The Method 305 is nice though because it's a look-a-like beadlocks without being real.

For tires I would suggest an A/T tire such as the KO2, as it's going to be far, far better on-road than a M/T tire.

In addition to the lift, I would suggest upgrading to chromoly axle shafts, as even with just street driving those 37s are going to put a lot of stress on the stock ones.

is there a specific brand that you would recommend for the chromoly axle shafts? and what gearing should i do especially since my jeep is my daily drive? was really leaning towards 4.88 but heard some good things about the 5.13

is there a specific brand that you would recommend for the chromoly axle shafts? and what gearing should i do especially since my jeep is my daily drive? was really leaning towards 4.88 but heard some good things about the 5.13

Revolution is my go-to brand, especially since they are still made in the U.S.

Gearing depends on engine, transmission, and tire size. You have the 3.6, but what transmission do you have and what is the final tire size that you think you'll end up at?

my final tire size is going to be 37's and i'm planning on putting tires and gearing at the same time not sure if its better to do it previous to the change or after or does it even matter ? my transmission is the stock one

Sounds good I'll definitely look into Revolution!! Thank you

Currently running 20”x10” SRT replica rims w/ 37x12-1/2x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. 90% on road driving and they have held up amazingly well and are very quiet for an M/T and a very smooth ride. Wouldn’t change them for anything.