Adding back-up camera and Bluetooth through mirror

Ghstrydr

JK Enthusiast
So I wanted to add a backup camera and bluetooth to my '08 JK and was not really looking to replace the stock head unit. Not knowing of any other way except for the possibility of a separate display on the dash, which again not really interested in that option either. I started to do some random searches for different option and came across this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071P9RFYF/?tag=jkforum-20

Its a mirror that has a built in monitor, nothing new, however it also includes bluetooth connectivity. I will be installing this afternoon with a backup camera and will provide an update as to how it looks and works.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
I have the Mirror installed, however, I am waiting on the backup camera to be delivered later today. So for the bluetooth works well, my phone was easy to connect. I tapped into the 12v power plug under the heater controls (blue/white wire) to power the bluethooth portion of the mirror. For ground, I connected to the ground bolt on the left of the drivers side footwell. To answer calls you push the center button on the mirror, quick/short push. Same to end call. You need to use your phone (contact list) to make calls or if you have your phone for voice calls you can use that too. The speaker is very clear, I placed the microphone at the upper left of the driver just before the padding. I checked out going calls for voice clarity and was informed it sounds good.

MirrorBT.jpg

Backup camera installed. The mirror has two video inputs for both front and rear cameras, the rear camera is marked "camera", front is marked "video". The power for the camera is from the drivers side backup light, gray/white, and black wire ground. Everything is working as expected, video from backup camera is nice and clear. I have include pics of the mic location, camera location and backup video displayed on the mirror. This is the backup camera I used: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Backup-Car...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

MicLocation.jpg

CamLocation.jpg

MirrorBUview.jpg

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler JK Forum may be compensated.
Yep, it quick, easy, affordable, and does not change the stock interior look and existing functions of the your stereo.

I also think it's cool to have the backup cam in the mirror as well, since I have a tendency to look up at the mirror anyways when backing up.

Reactions: mrjp