2022 Wolf Pup 16FQ

Dlcain

JK Enthusiast
This is not really a build, but I am looking for upgrade idea's. My first decision is weather to mount a generator on the front or back?

01010_1sur7mutqdGz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Reactions: mrjp
So I have owned this about 3 months now, and have camped 6 times at different parks. Camper weighs about 3100lbs, but tows great, especially with the blue ox stabilizer bars. Haven't pulled through any mountains yet, but flat terrain I can do 65 without kicking out of overdrive.
20220909_150643.jpg

Reactions: Qaddiction and mrjp
So I have owned this about 3 months now, and have camped 6 times at different parks. Camper weighs about 3100lbs, but tows great, especially with the blue ox stabilizer bars. Haven't pulled through any mountains yet, but flat terrain I can do 65 without kicking out of overdrive. View attachment 123354
I don't see that generator mounted on the front!!! 🥃 🎅

Side note, I didn’t realize a JK could tow something of that size. I know size doesn’t equal weight, I am just surprised as it wouldn’t have crossed my mind. How much does the camper weigh when loaded up with gear?

Side note, I didn’t realize a JK could tow something of that size. I know size doesn’t equal weight, I am just surprised as it wouldn’t have crossed my mind. How much does the camper weigh when loaded up with gear?
OP said it was 3100lbs. They are at sea level, with no significant grades to climb, which makes a huge difference.

Reactions: mrjp
I saw it was 3100 lbs, but add his generator and the rest of the camping gear, chairs, food, ice chest, cooking supplies etc. the weight could add up pretty fast. Was just curious how much that would add as I think the max is listed around 3500lb total weight.

Reactions: Dirty Dog
I don't see that generator mounted on the front!!! 🥃 🎅
Lol yeah I held off on the generator because of the weight, and also every park we've stayed at has 30amp service. Knowing the weight of the trailer we also keep bare minimum supplies in it. If I had to guess maybe an extra 200lbs which I keep to the back of the camper to keep the weight off the tongue

Lol yeah I held off on the generator because of the weight, and also every park we've stayed at has 30amp service. Knowing the weight of the trailer we also keep bare minimum supplies in it. If I had to guess maybe an extra 200lbs which I keep to the back of the camper to keep the weight off the tongue
That extra weight should go over the trailer axels. In the back can try to lift up on the back of the jeep and help it get squirrelly.