2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 w/ XRecon Package - no longer an option?

Adam T.

Hey Jeep Fam! I tried to order a 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 with the Xtreme Recon package:
  • 17-Inch x 8.0-Inch Bronze Beadlock-Capable Wheel
  • 35-Inch Tire Rubicon 392 Suspension
  • 4.56 Rear Axle Ratio
  • GVW Rating - 6,250 Pounds
  • LT315/70R17C 113/110S Tires
  • Hinge-Gate Reinforcement by Mopar®
  • Jack Spacer by Mopar®
  • Tire Relocation Kit by Mopar®
  • Wheel Flare Extensions
and the dealer said this is no longer an option. According to Jeep/Stellantis, they have shut down production for the remaining calendar year and no news for 2023 if it will offer this option.

I guess my question is why do you think this is? Anyone else able to order this option in the recent days/weeks? I doubt this has anything to do with the "chip" shortage.

Located in Oconomowoc, WI and was advised by Uptown Motors in Slinger around this information.

Any info/context around this would be grateful.

Thanks!

X2 what @BLACKJKU said and the Hemi is going away
Interesting. The new engine is supposedly going to debut at the New York Auto show in mid April. I'm curious to see the new inline 6 that the rumors speak of. Replacing the hemi. I hope they just use it as the one engine. It probably means a mid cycle refresh for the JL as well.

Reactions: Adam T. and mrjp
Yea that could be good but you'd probably still have all the electrical nightmares that are plagued by a Chrysler product.
I have hopes that the new overlord Stelantis is better with that stuff. My understanding is that this engine is direct result of the merger.

• Sad
Reactions: mrjp
I haven't head anything but as far as i'm concerned that TIPM box needs to go and just have the old style fuse and relay box.

The TIPM is a issue on all Chrysler vehicles, i'm on a Dodge diesel Forum and there's problems there just like the JK's have with the electrical.

Reactions: mrjp